Summer school holiday activities! for the parents!

went past sizzling pub at meadowhead this morning about 11.30am pub beer garden filled with shall we say the larger or lager ladies with prams and shirtless partners i assume, kids amok running all over, fair enough nearly lunch time. But just been past again 3.15 and they are still there boozing it up:roll: wow the old days of a picnic by the river with jam and banana sandwiches along with lashings of ginger beer and a game of rounders has gone i fear:suspect::hihi:

Guest makapaka
went past sizzling pub at meadowhead this morning about 11.30am pub beer garden filled with shall we say the larger or lager ladies with prams and shirtless partners i assume, kids amok running all over, fair enough nearly lunch time. But just been past again 3.15 and they are still there boozing it up:roll: wow the old days of a picnic by the river with jam and banana sandwiches along with lashings of ginger beer and a game of rounders has gone i fear:suspect::hihi:

Maybe they’re going for a picnic another day and you just happened to see them on the day they weren’t the Famous Five in 1936.

I blame Thatcher.

Maybe they’re going for a picnic another day and you just happened to see them on the day they weren’t the Famous Five in 1936.

i doubt this lot could have walked to the river and the famous five would have gone right over their heads.

i just think its a bit sad and reflection of today's society, parents getting tanked up whilst kids play next to a busy A road or is it just me?:huh:

---------- Post added 25-07-2018 at 16:22 ----------

I blame Thatcher.

yes i do also she should have stayed on:thumbsup:

i doubt this lot could have walked to the river and the famous five would have gone right over their heads.

i just think its a bit sad and reflection of today's society, parents getting tanked up whilst kids play next to a busy A road or is it just me?:huh:

You do know she's dead..........don't you ?

I can see you by the Thames at Limehouse. Did your folks have their pearly King and Queen outfits on?

Guest makapaka

Well maybe if that’s what happened everyday but that’s a bit of a judgement call after just seeing them today isn’t it?

Us and some of our friends went to beer garden other day and took kids and had a few pints - but it was probably the first time in 2 years we’ve done it and will prob be 2 years before we do it again.

Maybe just don’t be too quick to judge?