Have you heard of these sayings ?

Re the post from Scoobz

Yes, Nesh is probably still fairly common, but I see that "swanking" may not be. I was born in Swallownest, (1940), but I do not think it was just a local saying.

As the Oxford English Dictionary states - "Swank - to Show Off". Example if a kid had a new bike, or even new clothes and shoes, or a new anything and he/she flaunted it in front of the other kids then he/she was accused of "swanking" or "swanking off"

However, almost all of the others mentioned on this thread I can remember easily. Some I still use, but my wife being from Hull sometimes has to ask for an explanation. But she also says things I do not know the meaning of - example 2 or 3 weeks ago she said "we were coggling on Kevin's bike" Kevin being her younger brother. I had no idea what this meant, but was informed that "coggling" was my wife riding on the crossbar of her brothers bike.

Best Wishes - Monday 7-35am and a cool 89 degrees right now - need to get our my sheepskin coat !!!!!