No Live away games for Owls fans on Radio Sheffield

iansheff

If that's the case, and I'm not doubting you, why has this caused such a fuss and palaver amongst Owls fans??? Personally, I'll carry on listening to live games for a pittance on RS..

I'm sure you will, that's your prerogative. I don't have the choice to listen to the games anyway as I'm not in the RS broadcasting area.

It just annoys me that the Beeb are balancing the books by robbing Peter to pay Paul. Where else would you see a reduction, the clubs are getting stiffed by the BBC and I'd venture that quite a few local stations depend on the footy coverage.

If they want to re-distribute the wealth it should be going the other way.

All this money going straight into the players pockets, I personally find it shameful.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42873526

The RS commentary has never been that good whenever I have tuned in, I do tend to go to as many away games as I can and when I don't I use the various text updates online rather than RS, some choose the iFollow service and I'm with the club on their statement about this.

Times have changed, yes it is all about money and I pity anyone who has only just realised that, the EFL championship is arguably the most competitive league in Europe and has more 'historically' big clubs in it than the Premier League, the marketing opportunities should be massive.

I'm sure there was not such a problem Under Milan Mandaric , No problems with ticket prices,Kit,Membership, and Local Radio ?? But Under Chansiri it seems he likes the Fans to drop off fast !! How many times can you be annoyed as a fan before they say enough is enough !! For this is final straw !! I will always be a fan but won't pay out anymore cash to that chairman

as a blade what is happening to your club the radio deal is utterly disgusting and not telling the fans the real truth like a transfer embargo charging 67 pound for shirt which is from sports drink manerfacturer .When a wednesday mate on facebook made a staement i actually felt for him supporting you for 52 years and wednesday arent in great postion i feel youll struggle this year .

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 01:39 ----------

Well, lets be clear, in the grand scheme of things, the income generated will be a pittance. Why should supporters of clubs outside the premier subsidise the premier players wages not to mention Linekers and Shearers wages.

Football is awash with money and it's all going into one pot, which is the premier league. It's about time someone made a stand and I hope more clubs do the same.

As for the cost of iFollow? It's 4 and a half quid a month, around a £1 a game, god you could buy some clubs for that.

Is it any wonder southerners look upon us as skinners?

Come one this is disgrace now im a blade but chansiri is making a massive mistake in every way

I'm sure there was not such a problem Under Milan Mandaric , No problems with ticket prices,Kit,Membership, and Local Radio ?? But Under Chansiri it seems he likes the Fans to drop off fast !! How many times can you be annoyed as a fan before they say enough is enough !! For this is final straw !! I will always be a fan but won't pay out anymore cash to that chairman

And Milan Mandaric decided to sell the club because he wanted a return on his investment, he sold it to a chairman who has taken the gamble and asked the supporters to take that gamble with him.

The attendances are up despite all this talk about how much it's costing, man for man we now have better players and a bigger squad and when key players are fit can compete with those at the top end of the Championship ……. is local radio such a big deal, seriously ?

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 07:33 ----------

as a blade what is happening to your club the radio deal is utterly disgusting and not telling the fans the real truth like a transfer embargo charging 67 pound for shirt which is from sports drink manerfacturer .When a wednesday mate on facebook made a staement i actually felt for him supporting you for 52 years and wednesday arent in great postion i feel youll struggle this year .

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 01:39 ----------

Come one this is disgrace now im a blade but chansiri is making a massive mistake in every way

Enough said ;)

Edited by Michael_W

'It's only a fiver a month.'

'Correct decision to pull out.'

I know the Wednesday fans supporting this are in the minority, and I hope they share that level of sympathy with the many fans who rely on the radio to follow their team. The elderly for example, who've followed Wednesday for decades, who may not even have a laptop, let alone know how to use one.

I'm a Blade, but it's a disgraceful decision from SWFC.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

'It's only a fiver a month.'

'Correct decision to pull out.'

I know the Wednesday fans supporting this are in the minority, and I hope they share that level of sympathy with the many fans who rely on the radio to follow their team. The elderly for example, who've followed Wednesday for decades, who may not even have a laptop, let alone know how to use one.

I'm a Blade, but it's a disgraceful decision from SWFC.

You don't know who holds the majority or minority view on this, and to consider the decision as disgraceful is just hyperbole. The Wednesday supporters who support and follow the club home and away and spend their hard earned money will vote with their feet not in online forums, I would imagine the radio listeners and armchair fans are not high on Mr Chansiris priority list …… harsh but true !

You don't know who holds the majority or minority view on this, and to consider the decision as disgraceful is just hyperbole. The Wednesday supporters who support and follow the club home and away and spend their hard earned money will vote with their feet not in online forums, I would imagine the radio listeners and armchair fans are not high on Mr Chansiris priority list …… harsh but true !

The clear majority of fans are against it. It's evident if you check OwlsTalk. Not sure if some sort of sction is going to be take by them, who knows.

It's not even a sound business decision. I'd like to hear an actual justification for the decision. Do you have one?