Business costs?

What costs do businesses have?

Small businesses get rate relief if they just have one premisses in England. How would the Government help local retailers?

Charity shops get a minimum of 80% rate relief. I understand pubs get a discount of £1,000.

Why do pubs get a relief and not cafes?

Reduce business rates for retail - £120 a square metre for retail v about £10 for warehouse space.

Or acknowledge that the high street will be pretty much dead in 20 years (as a shopping experience anyway).

Small businesses get 100% discount, surely that helps a large proportion of sole traders?

Small businesses get 100% discount, surely that helps a large proportion of sole traders?

Only if they want to stay small sole traders. And looking at the numbers closing their doors I'd suggest not. But to be honest, small businesses shut all the time, always have done.

Only if they want to stay small sole traders. And looking at the numbers closing their doors I'd suggest not. But to be honest, small businesses shut all the time, always have done.

It would be interesting to hear from a small retailer, the larger ones like Morrisons and slightly smaller like Wilkinsons seem to thrive.

Those with rateable values Between £12k to £15k will only get tapered relief and not 100% relief...

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-business-rate-relief/small-business-rate-relief

Your link states -

Small business rate relief

You can get small business rate relief if:

your property’s rateable value is less than £15,000