Random builders turning up at my house

Twice recently we've had someone turn up at our house claiming they have come to do some work on the house.

First time it was the roof a month ago and then yesterday knocked at 8am waking my other half saying he had come to do the plastering. Had 2 phones with him kept checking his phone saying yeah this is the address. My other half said repeatedly no we haven't asked for any plastering to be done. Sped off in a van with TK Builders on the side.

This is in the Richmond area of Sheffield, anyone else have this happen? Our car was in the drive so chance is someone was in so surely not a random scoping the place out.

I live at 00 Xxxxx Street. There’s also an Xxxxx Road close by. Over the years I’ve lived here, I’ve had police, paramedics, home helps, TV licence inspectors and countless delivery drivers call here instead of at 00 Xxxxx Road. Twice I’ve even had estate agents putting up ‘For Sale’ signs in my front garden. Mistakes happen, it seems, even though we have the benefit of postcodes and sat navs.

I live at 00 Xxxxx Street. There’s also an Xxxxx Road close by. Over the years I’ve lived here, I’ve had police, paramedics, home helps, TV licence inspectors and countless delivery drivers call here instead of at 00 Xxxxx Road. Twice I’ve even had estate agents putting up ‘For Sale’ signs in my front garden. Mistakes happen, it seems, even though we have the benefit of postcodes and sat navs.

I also live on Xxxxx street HB, never knew we were neighbours.

I woke up on Friday morning to find scaffolding going up on my house, they'd got about half way up the front elevation. Replacing the upstairs front bay window, apparently. First I'd heard of it. They removed the scaffolding and went away eventually but they took some persuading and kept referring to phones insisting it was the right address.

I also live on Xxxxx street HB, never knew we were neighbours.

Well, neighbour, it just goes to show you. I must admit that I'm rather intrigued about the folk at 00 Xxxxx Road – their lives seem much more dramatic than mine.

dandjthomas: I hope you solve the mystery and can be reassured by my and lectrolove's experiences.