Bacchus nightclub

jh 66

What is your opinion of this place?

I went in lastnight on my birthday with some mates- first time since it was Josephines years ago- and it was just like a watered down version of the old Josie's R'n'B 'Monday night', for those who ever experienced that rough and dumbed-down farce.

I used to work there as a glass collector in the late 80's whilst at college, and that particular night was what we staff used to call "pross and pimp night"- it was like a blues from Burngreave might be- most of the girls that took advantage of that cheap drinks night were ignorant, cheap and sloppily-dressed tarts from the roughest Sheffield estates.

The barmaids often got threatened by these streetwise "ladies", and If I wasn't working overtime trying to remove their lumps of tacky, cheap lipstick from pint glasses, I would be wading through a sea of feral fishwives and pseudo-pimps with a sour attitude and nothing in the way of manners, brains or maturity. Or is that flotsam and jetson?

I think you mean Banus hun.

Its ok, i only go in there if i go out with a certain group of friends. I used to go out with one of the doormen so if i can, i go on his guestlist. Im not a fan of the place but like i said. I only go in when im with them :thumbsup:

I think you mean Banus hun.

Its ok, i only go in there if i go out with a certain group of friends. I used to go out with one of the doormen so if i can, i go on his guestlist. Im not a fan of the place but like i said. I only go in when im with them :thumbsup:

Banus, yes- oh well, I was p****d at the time!

Lol

All in all did you have a good night or would you have gone somewhere else?

I enjoyed it actually, it isn't much like the 'Josie's' of old- the place is totally refitted and structured, which surprised me!

I still would have gone there, on reflection, as I hate the tacky Kingdom and the violent atmosphere of the Casbah.

Archived