£100 million pledge to end rough sleeping by 2027

Won't even touch the sides helping 5000, let alone help 77000 in temporary accomodation. What do you think?

Turns out that this isn't 'new money', it was all entirely budgeted for and planned already, so does nothing to alter the massive cuts already made.

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 16:31 ----------

Lets hope now the Government is involved some action is taken

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45162892

As if the government haven't been involved all along. Principaly in creating the problem.

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 16:32 ----------

The government has guaranteed my livelihood for the rest of my working career for the next 30 years.

A very selfish attitude.

Well the government allocating £100 milion makes a good headline, doesn't it, but fails to address the causes of homelessness.

Not surprising, when you realise that the Conservatives and their 'austerity' cuts are the main cause of homelessness in the first place.

They really do think we're stupid if we can't work that out.

The sooner we get rid of this iniquitous government the better.

Dunno if the alternative will work, tend to agree this government has no clue.

---------- Post added 13-08-2018 at 16:39 ----------

No thanks as the alternative is far worse.

Remains to be seen. I believe Labour want to do better things.

Well the government allocating £100 milion makes a good headline, doesn't it, but fails to address the causes of homelessness.

Not surprising, when you realise that the Conservatives and their 'austerity' cuts are the main cause of homelessness in the first place.

They really do think we're stupid if we can't work that out.

The sooner we get rid of this iniquitous government the better.

There were homeless before the 2008 in a period of economic power, there have always been homeless people. But, as you point out £100m will solve nowt

Not nearly as many as now though. The numbers have gone through the roof.

Now youre just point scoring, that solves nothing. There have been huge (needless?) cuts across the board and not forgetting a big war on terror that caused no doubt a big jump in homeless former servicemen.

Well, let's look at the definition of selfish.

selfish

ˈsɛlfɪʃ/Submit

adjective

(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for other people; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

From what you've said, that part in bold fits you precisely. You are the very definition of selfish.

Well, let's look at the definition of selfish.

From what you've said, that part in bold fits you precisely. You are the very definition of selfish.

So the millions of other Tory voters are the same?

People vote for the government that benefits them the most. That is why each party publishes manifestos before each election.

Why should I put my livelihood at risk just because you don’t like like it. You’re are absolutely not worth it.

So the millions of other Tory voters are the same?

People vote for the government that benefits them the most. That is why each party publishes manifestos before each election.

Why should I put my livelihood at risk just because you don’t like like it. You’re are absolutely not worth it.

Paying more tax than at anytime since 1987. Sheffield does badly from cuts. Don't see how