Aunt Sally's-How not to Manage a Family Pub

lw1cm

Unfortunately you pay for what you get! If you had gone to the old vicarage or fischers i am sure you would have no problem with service. Professional waiters, michelin chefs, high prices, great service, great food hundred quid for 2. Aunt sallys, chain pub, student workers on minimum wage, microwaved food and 2 for 1 offers, twenty quid for 2, what do you want? Unfortunately if you are eating out on a budget it isn't possible to have everything.

in what way is 'get the cheapest meal free' the same offer as 'buy 2 for the price of 1'?

Because on the menu (I went in yesterday, ate for the first time and checked the wording of the offer on the menu, which incidentally is a massive font on the inside panel of the menu that is the first thing that greets you when you open it) it does not say "Buy 2 for the price of 1" it says "Buy two meals and get the cheapest free"

Because on the menu (I went in yesterday, ate for the first time and checked the wording of the offer on the menu, which incidentally is a massive font on the inside panel of the menu that is the first thing that greets you when you open it) it does not say "Buy 2 for the price of 1" it says "Buy two meals and get the cheapest free"

^ lmao - so all the time it actually was that explicitly!

now had the guy ordered the two more expensive meals first, i dare say one of those wouldve been free. A minute later he could've then ordered the two cheaper ones, and we would all have been happy. But that is a little awkward, so instead he opted to do what most of us would: he ordered four meals at once. he then got the two cheapest free. it may not be 'right on' or nice but its a business, and that how it works in the 'real world' im afraid.

If the customer and manager both know what's going on - ie. that if orders were placed separately the larger discount would be valid - why not cut out all the messing around and save everyone the time and trouble of ordering twice?

It's nonsensical that he should have to make two separate orders. Common sense, not to mention consideration for the paying public, should come into play.

In the 'real world' if I went to a place that pulled a stunt like this I wouldn't go back, and I'd tell everyone else I knew not to as well, I'm afraid...

If the customer and manager both know what's going on - ie. that if orders were placed separately the larger discount would be valid - why not cut out all the messing around and save everyone the time and trouble of ordering twice?

It's nonsensical that he should have to make two separate orders. Common sense, not to mention consideration for the paying public, should come into play.

In the 'real world' if I went to a place that pulled a stunt like this I wouldn't go back, and I'd tell everyone else I knew not to as well, I'm afraid...

thats the point though, isnt it, my little friend? the manager didnt know how to conduct a decent level of service, and the customer couldnt figure out what a huge message on the menu actually meant.

thats the 'real world', we are all just a bunch of numptys wobbling on, on the wobbleboard of existence

im afraid:)

Quite often in setups similar to Aunt Sally's the whole thing is automatic on the till, so even if the manager wanted to override it, it wouldn't be possible!

Archived