Body scanners in Los Angeles

hold on the civil rights lot will be along shortly:roll:

Yes because civil rights are such a terrible thing. :roll:

As has been said in another post, these things are just a PR exercise to give an impression of safety, like the taking of bottles of water from people at airports.

A public airport security check is the last place any serious terrorist would be anywhere near if they wanted to smuggle anything onto a plane.

Everywhere? Your front door, to check what you're carrying when you leave the house?

obviously airports, train stations , shopping malls, large sport's arenas, anywhere thats considered a risk, cant see a problem:huh:

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 15:57 ----------

they don't work. The Israelis took one look - well, more than look, obviously - at them and said they were rubbish and worse than useless because they impart a false sense of security. They weren't buying them and haven't introduced them in Tel Aviv where the security is by a considerable distance, the best in the world.

ah another keyboard security expert:hihi:

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 15:59 ----------

Yes because civil rights are such a terrible thing. :roll:

As has been said in another post, these things are just a PR exercise to give an impression of safety, like the taking of bottles of water from people at airports.

A public airport security check is the last place any serious terrorist would be anywhere near if they wanted to smuggle anything onto a plane.

ah ha heres one now, control of rights is a good thing to some extent as it stops idiots standing up for something to be anti establishment etc?

another keyboard security expert:wave:

obviously airports, train stations , shopping malls, large sport's arenas, anywhere thats considered a risk, cant see a problem:huh:

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 15:57 ----------

ah another keyboard security expert:hihi:

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 15:59 ----------

ah ha heres one now, control of rights is a good thing to some extent as it stops idiots standing up for something to be anti establishment etc?

another keyboard security expert:wave:

Do you think a weapon carried in a bag would be detected by this device?

If yes, with reference to the descriptions of how it works, can you explain how you think it could detect a weapon in a bag?

If no, do you think the money would be better spent on other, more effective, security measures?

Do you think a weapon carried in a bag would be detected by this device?

If yes, with reference to the descriptions of how it works, can you explain how you think it could detect a weapon in a bag?

If no, do you think the money would be better spent on other, more effective, security measures?

i never said it would, we dont know what they are looking for??

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 16:32 ----------

Considered by who? :confused:

mi5?? i would think or any intelligence organisation

i never said it would

I didn't say you did. I was asking you some questions about how effective you think it would be.

we dont know what they are looking for??

It says in the Beeb article:

Alex Wiggins, from the LACMTA, said the authority was looking for weapons that could cause a "mass-casualty event" such as explosives and assault rifles, rather than smaller weapons.

and i am sure you do then?

More than you apparently.

MI5 and the other intelligence services are there to investigate potential threats and prevent them happening if possible, by targeting suspects, not to decide where to place scanners.

That is the job of the people who operate the places where these machines are used.

More than you apparently.

MI5 and the other intelligence services are there to investigate potential threats and prevent them happening if possible, by targeting suspects, not to decide where to place scanners.

That is the job of the people who operate the places where these machines are used.

i am sure they get advice from mi5 etc dont you? or do they consult you as you seem to know all about it:loopy: