How do speed cameras work?

Nope they're just facilitating it....the more uninsured drivers we get off the road the better...

I agree the more illegal drivers off the road is for the better. The Police van would have made better use of their resources, if they had located the van near the main road leading to the supermarket because they would have caught illegal drivers, who weren't going to the supermarket as well as those illegal drivers going to the supermarket.

I agree the more illegal drivers off the road is for the better. The Police van would have made better use of their resources, if they had located the van near the main road leading to the supermarket because they would have caught illegal drivers, who weren't going to the supermarket as well as those illegal drivers going to the supermarket.

Depends which was the drivers going to the supermarket got there..it won't be there permanently.....or everyday...anyway you can have this argument by yourself... :)

It implies they're helping facilitate catching illegal motorists - and quite rightly.

It would be a great idea to have ANPR cameras on all supermarket entrances.

The Police Van I saw was preventing legal drivers from dropping off passengers at the entrance of the supermarket because it was parked in an area reserved for dropping off. I don't have a problem with ANPR cameras being located on main roads leading to supermarkets.

The Police Van I saw was preventing legal drivers from dropping off passengers at the entrance of the supermarket because it was parked in an area reserved for dropping off. I don't have a problem with ANPR cameras being located on main roads leading to supermarkets.

Its a private car park - they've presumably had permission to park there or were they dropping/collecting someoen as well.

You don't know that every driver dropping someone off is legal,just yourself, otherwise we wouldn't need ANPR checks.

Its a private car park - they've presumably had permission to park there or were they dropping/collecting someoen as well.

You don't know that every driver dropping someone off is legal,just yourself, otherwise we wouldn't need ANPR checks.

I am not disputing the fact the Police had permission.

I do know where the Police van was parked was causing an obstruction in a busy area putting shoppers more at risk than if it was not there. It was parked in the same place for over 30 minutes. A drop off area is for the purpose of cars to drop off and pick up passengers. A car is a small vehicle unlike the big Police van which was obstructing the view of shoppers trying to leave the supermarket and walk into the car park safely.

Wasn't your point originally that you thought Morrisons were somehow involved in policing? Now it's very clearly the police and you just didn't like where they were parked.

In my first post on the issue I mentioned the Police camera van was parked in a drop off area. I replied to an other poster, who made fair points and provided more information for the discussion. If the Police camera van had been parked up in a more sensible place then most likely I wouldn't have noticed the Morrisons logo on the van or formed any opinion about them being in a partnership with the police to catch illegal drivers.