'Bodyguard' on BBC 1 *May contain spoilers*

Anna B

She's not playing the lead, and she's not in as many episodes or has as much screen time?

None of that is relevant. She is not paid by the hour!

Pretty much all film and television is promoted through well known actors because it sells. I consider myself a discerning viewer with varied tastes but I am still more likely decide to watch something if certain actors are starring in them.

Yes, last night was good but still nowhere near as good as the last few Line of Dutys which I would class as being among the finest television of the modern era.

Also if you would like a glimpse at what a Danny Boyle Bond flim would have been like, check out Trust. It is the Getty kidnap story with Donald Sutherland playing old man Getty. I have always liked appointment television viewing but I cracked and binge watched all ten episodes!

It was good. I was sure Julia was alive and would be in the last episode, got that wrong. If there is a second series they might bring her back, after all it is only fiction.

I did like Richard Madden who played David Budd, I think we might be seeing a bit more of him.

Didn’t expect Nadia to be the bomb maker, really good how her facial expressions changed, from being the oppressed wife to a proud jihadi, good acting on her part.

As opposed to when the sniper, on a roof 100 feet above street level managed to shoot through the side window of the car driving away from him in the next street. :D

thanks for the spoiler, I’ll not bother watching it now :roll:

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:32 ----------

Last episode last night, and a real corker. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through it.

Top quality drama from start to finish, (10,000,000 tuned in last night apparently..) Just shows what BBC is capable of, (as well as sumptuous Costume Drama.) So well done to all concerned!

Now talk of a second series.

I was watching it in the background and wasn’t following the story but I’ll watch it on catch up and I promise I’ll pay more attention this time.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:35 ----------

The all-female heads of each department has really been upsetting the Gammons, who have been writing to The Daily Mail to complain!

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20180904/282699048005322

I'm not quite sure why, since we actually have a female Home Secretary and Chief of the Met Police.

If you're on Facebook, seek out the wonderful "Pointless Letters" group which features them.

i thought the Gammon would be more upset a white person was wearing a suicide vest !

I thought it was excellent but I don't think it needs a series 2 unless you're going bin the entire cast and start a completely different bodyguard in a completely different situation.

I honestly thought a sniper would get him right at the very end. I was quite surprised at the 'happy' ending.

I'm never keen on second series following a great first series. They hardly ever live up to their promise.