Bus route 52a only as far as Crookes

Is there another bus other than the 52 that takes you to the children's hospital from Hillsborough ?

If you get off the tram at University of Sheffield it's less than five minutes walk to the Children's Hospital and around ten to Weston Park or the Hallamshire.

• 2 weeks later...
The bus service to Wisewood is appalling at the best of times! The S6 bus being taken off was devastating to the elderly people that live at the far end of Studfield. A lot of the pensioners are now housebound or have to get taxi's because they cannot walk all the way to the bus stop. If you want to go out for an evening don't expect to catch a bus after 8:30pm

The 52a was supposed to be back on route to Wisewood on 8th September, but they're only going to Broomhill at the moment. Nothing on the bus stop where I waited, and my tracker was telling me the 52a was due. Not exactly accurate!

I caught a 61 at tea time (waited about 30 minutes for any bus that runs up Dykes Hall Road) its a small bus and was packed full. We're missing several buses an hour at the moment.

Bit annoying for people like me who like to visit Crookes and Broomhill from Hillsborough, but those roads did need doing and it's not for long.

They only needed doing because Amey made such a hash of doing them the first time around, about 3 years ago. Inept.

They seem to be going up Lydgate Lane, parking up by the park and generally causing traffic jams as there isn't much room on there at the best of times.

I suppose there is bound to be disruption while they do the work though.

Yes I saw that, that road's hardly ideal for buses. Wonder why they're doing that instead of using the crookes terminus?

52 and 52a Normal service between 7pm and 7am.

There is now have a temporary out of city last stop further up from Crookesmoor Road at the Grindstone.

Road work being done prevents access to Crookes terminus via Heavygate Avenue.

Original reversal at Moorside Avenue terminus now forbidden.

Lydgate Lane was a regular hourly bus route for decades until the demise of the 2/59 routes and there were several bus stops and a few shelters.

Do bus stops get 'de-regulated' in some way?

Edited by Annie Bynnol