Do you feel safe in Sheffield?

Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?

• Yes
    • No

Barnsley just had a murder and a stabbing in the matter of a couple of days recently

They didnt have one today. Sheffield got bombed much worse than barnsley by germans before during war.

If someone in sheffield gets stabbed does that mean you get stabbed? Dont think so.

Frightened shortsightsighted people not looking further than their nose get everything stuck here. I like sheffield but this city is more underdeveloped than dangerous.

I go back to Sheffield every year and was there for 8 days last month. Never ever felt unsafe there. However when I am there I always have a car. I did not see much of a police presence on the streets (saw lots at Hillsborough and Bramall Lane when I went to two games)

I believe it is in the DNA. In Sheffield we were/are an easy going group of people, mostly unselfish and a "Live and let live" attitude. This normally does not induce violence. And seeing the Sheffield example, most newcomers should fit in to the plan.

If there is an increase in gang violence/knife attacks in south Yorkshire, (I recently read this was the case in London) the police need to close them down as quick as they can, and take whatever measures they need to

Guest busdriver1

I personally DONT feel safe in Sheffield. That is based on my personal experience.

Whilst I can understand that some people feel safe there that is their experience. I got mugged in Manchester yet feel safer there than in Sheffield.

I personally DONT feel safe in Sheffield. That is based on my personal experience.

Whilst I can understand that some people feel safe there that is their experience. I got mugged in Manchester yet feel safer there than in Sheffield.

So you feel safer in a place where you got mugged than in a place where you've not been mugged?

Newcastle is where I live, but I’m still a frequent visitor to Sheffield. For me Sheffield feels a bit more safer than Newcastle, but I’m just comparing the city centres. Thursday, Friday and Saturdays gets to lively for me in the centre of Newcastle. There’s more drunks and idiots here than there is in Sheffield on these days.

Even during the 2011 riots my old dad felt safe to come to sheffield.

When he left amsterdam to fly to manchester the airline personel tried to explain the 2011 riots in full burst and frighten and scare him to come.

When he got here he said he knew it be fine in sheffield.