La Vina, Ecclesall Road

Jas anybody been in yet? I went last sunday bank hol weekend - it has a great "old mediterranean tavern" feel. I had a nice latte although the staff said they had run out of most of the drink over the weekend - oh dear not a great start but it was bank hol I guess ...

My friend recently went there-she had her champagne poured over the table and had shocking service and the food was not up to much. When the manager asked her if everything was OK with their meals she said no and the manager told her perhaps La Vina was not somewhere for her to eat out at considering her complaints!!!

• 2 weeks later...

When I was innocently perusing the fruit and veg in the Tesco on Ecclesall road I saw a waiter come in and overheard him ask an employee for the 'La Vina bread order.' If they're using tesco as a supplier for 'authentic' spanish food then I think I'll give it a miss!

Archived