La Vina, Ecclesall Road

Well I think I might change my mind having read all this but I've just booked a table for this week. Tesco bread and poor service, mmmm, great! Actually, will stick with it and post a review afterwards. Then I'll try the Ivory next time!!

When I was innocently perusing the fruit and veg in the Tesco on Ecclesall road I saw a waiter come in and overheard him ask an employee for the 'La Vina bread order.' If they're using tesco as a supplier for 'authentic' spanish food then I think I'll give it a miss!

the bread will probably be stale then .. Tesco's loose rolls nearly always are.

I was in there the other night. Not impressed. It has all the hallmarks of a chain restaurant which churns out the same tat day in day out......and that's exactly what it does! The food isn't that bad but it's all covered in too much sauce possibly to hide the fact that it's not been cooked all that brilliantly! The service was actually good with the exception of a very rude manageress who got quite annoyed with us when we asked to be seated after standing around waiting for 10 minutes when they could find no record of the booking. When the bill arrived it included a dish which we'd ordered but never received.

i'd give it a 4/10

Ha,

This place has some good points, but at the end of the day, La tasca is just one step up from the tired out "theme" restaurants that come and go, like cafe rouge etc. the food is dirt cheap to produce, there's no skill involved. In Spain these places are the equivalent to our greasy spoon cafes, serving up cheap grub to working people in a hurry. We are taken in by the hype and we think its such a wonderful place..... When I went in it was full of fake tan and desperate divorcees.

Oh dear it all sounds fairly awfull. We were planning a work leaving do in La Vina (assume similar) but starting to worry that it might not be such a great idea. Anyone got any Ecclesall Road area alternatives? If there's bad food I'll turn in to a monstrous snob and start throwing stale bread at rude waitresses. Not a pretty site.

I've only been in for a drink and don't think we looked glam enough to be served for a while as we waited ages while the Ecclesall sloanes had no probs! Am going there for dinner this evening and hopefully, as I've got my cleavage out and slapped the makeup on I should have no probs getting served..............will let you know!!!

Oh dear it all sounds fairly awfull. We were planning a work leaving do in La Vina (assume similar) but starting to worry that it might not be such a great idea. Anyone got any Ecclesall Road area alternatives? If there's bad food I'll turn in to a monstrous snob and start throwing stale bread at rude waitresses. Not a pretty site.

Oh dear I hope you dont start a trendy trend now - everyone going into La Tascas will pretend they are sloany Eccleshallians and start throwing stale bread around at the waiters/waitresses .... it could become the in thing to do ...

• 8 months later...

Archived