Climate Change thread

I was looking for the thread about why our jails are full.

"Forty-five Just Stop Oil protesters climbed gantries on the motorway in November 2022, forcing police to stop the traffic, in an attempt to cause gridlock across southern England. Judge Christopher Hehir said Roger Hallam, 58, Daniel Shaw, 38, Louise Lancaster, 58, Lucia Whittaker De Abreu, 35, and Cressida Gethin, 22, had "crossed the line from concerned campaigner to fanatic".

At Southwark Crown Court, Hallam was sentenced to five years' imprisonment while the other defendants each received four-year jail terms."

I regard those sentences as massively long, with no violence involved. I assume they will appeal.

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

I was looking for the thread about why our jails are full.

"Forty-five Just Stop Oil protesters climbed gantries on the motorway in November 2022, forcing police to stop the traffic, in an attempt to cause gridlock across southern England. Judge Christopher Hehir said Roger Hallam, 58, Daniel Shaw, 38, Louise Lancaster, 58, Lucia Whittaker De Abreu, 35, and Cressida Gethin, 22, had "crossed the line from concerned campaigner to fanatic".

At Southwark Crown Court, Hallam was sentenced to five years' imprisonment while the other defendants each received four-year jail terms."

I regard those sentences as massively long, with no violence involved. I assume they will appeal.

They will be out in 18 months as they will be boring the crap out of everyone with their whiney outrages.

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

They will be out in 18 months as they will be boring the crap out of everyone with their whiney outrages.

When the lorry drivers made a protest with their vehicles at UK oil refineries it caused country-wide issues, such as blood supplies to hospitals were disrupted. That was 20 years ago when protesting was still a human right, no one went to jail.

6 minutes ago, El Cid said:

When the lorry drivers made a protest with their vehicles at UK oil refineries it caused country-wide issues, such as blood supplies to hospitals were disrupted. That was 20 years ago when protesting was still a human right, no one went to jail.

It still is a human right.

Protesting is legal in England and Wales, the right to protest is protected under the European Convention of Human Rights. However, this only applies to peaceful protest and does not extend to any violence inflicted or damage caused during a protest.

These numbskulls have had many warnings so no sympathy from millions like me.

Don't worry, when the get released they can sell their stories to the guardian.

• Like 1

You could literally get less for noncing. Priti Patel's legacy to the nation. If the Tories had not called the general election, there would have been no prison places to put them.

• Confused 2

19 minutes ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Can I just say , Climate has always changed . Look at the Ice Age , mind you sometimes I think we are still in it when it's freezing 😄

Technically we still are according to some scientists.