Climate Change thread

Well, I take it all back. The Climate emergency IS real. Stay strong Barry. 

Screenshot-20240724-001303-Facebook.jpg

Notice.. Clapping for Barry will start at 8pm Thursday 25th July 2024 then every Thursday until Barry feels strong enough to go outside again. 👏

11 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Well, I take it all back. The Climate emergency IS real. Stay strong Barry. 

Screenshot-20240724-001303-Facebook.jpg

Notice.. Clapping for Barry will start at 8pm Thursday 25th July 2024 then every Thursday until Barry feels strong enough to go outside again. 👏

Had a lot of that when I was younger. 

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That's what happens when you go with Dutties mate. 

1976  Blonde hair and blue eyes , out in it all day , nesting, fishing and being a lad . Not a care in the world until I got in the bath . 😀

27 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

1976  Blonde hair and blue eyes , out in it all day , nesting, fishing and being a lad . Not a care in the world until I got in the bath . 😀

🤣🤣🤣

You poor bugger.

Lesson learned eh. 🤣

On 20/07/2024 at 14:21, trastrick said:

Lol

I'm very familiar with applied statistics, thank you very much. No need for your In my semi retirement I was responsible for the statistical reports for a major third party Insurance Administration Consulting Corp.

But no matter. We all know what "significant" means. No need for your usual hectoring and dissembling word salads. It simply means:

consequential

meaningful

notable

substantial

As applied to the ""... Algore, Kerry, Biden, Greta, et al" it means that they are "consequential" to the climate debate, because the President and VP of the U.S. and assorted left wing politicians and a child advocate, have been the most vocal supporters in the Media.

Along with the United (?) Nations, they and the Media are "influencers". They parrot the line, incessantly and their wild claims of "The End is Nigh! Give Up Your Worldly Goods and Ye Shall Be Saved", are taken at face value by a gullible public.

They are awarded "Person of the Year" Status on magazine covers, are at the very height of political power, and win Pulitzers, Emmys and even Nobel Peace Prizes.

But no credible scientist will come forward to confirm these fear mongering speculations, guesstimates, and fortune telling about the future.

Odd that!😀

I'm not sure who the gullible public is.

Middle class ex and current university students?

21 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Music Festival Waiting GIF by KingfisherWorld

The record for the world's hottest day has tumbled twice in one week, according to the European climate change service.

On Monday the global average surface air temperature reached 17.15C, breaking the record of 17.09C set on Sunday.

It beats the record set in July 2023, and it could break again this week.