Climate Change thread

4 hours ago, El Cid said:

I don't understand the logic of not believing in experts, but instead believing what the see in their media bubble.

The experts disagree among themselves sometimes, so not necessarily always right. But what they say can also be interpreted in different ways to suit an agenda by politicians and the great and the good. 

We know this, and politicians lie and manipulate as has been proved. We have lost our trust in them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The experts disagree among themselves sometimes, so not necessarily always right. But what they say can also be interpreted in different ways to suit an agenda by politicians and the great and the good. 

We know this, and politicians lie and manipulate as has been proved. We have lost our trust in them. 

So for a start read what the experts say and not what politicians say the experts say.

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

So for a start read what the experts say and not what politicians say the experts say.

Yes that's a good point. But unfortunately it's the politicians who have the power to make the decisions, not us, disrupting our lives and spending our money, again for their own agenda, not for our benefit, or for the planet's. They also work at the behest of groups the like of Davos and other world gatherings, who as yet have not even managed to get China on board, the biggest polluter of the lot. 

They are not to be trusted.

Edited by Anna B

46 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Not on this they don’t.

You’d be hard pressed to find a serious climate scientist who didn’t consider this to be an urgent problem.

I’ve noticed that you like to express contrarian views, on a variety of topics, but without any evidence to back them up. Maybe you should think about that a bit more.

Simply sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting “lalalalaa, I don’t believe you”, isn’t  much of an argument 

41 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I’ve noticed that you like to express contrarian views, on a variety of topics, but without any evidence to back them up. Maybe you should think about that a bit more.

Many people have "contrarian views". Are we banging our heads against a brick wall to change their minds?

The only way to tackle that, is to get better politicians 

4 hours ago, Prettytom said:

Not on this they don’t.

You’d be hard pressed to find a serious climate scientist who didn’t consider this to be an urgent problem.

Simply sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting “lalalalaa, I don’t believe you”, isn’t  much of an argument 

As with Covid, if a view doesn't coincide with the current narative and agenda, it often doesn't get airtime or into the mainstream media.

Several TV  environmentalists with a different perspective have been deplatformed, David Bellamy and Bill Oddie spring to mind and there are plenty of others.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

As with Covid, if a view doesn't coincide with the current narative and agenda, it often doesn't get airtime or into the mainstream media.

Several TV  environmentalists with a different perspective have been deplatformed, David Bellamy and Bill Oddie spring to mind and there are plenty of others.

One has been dead for several years.  The other is over 80 and their TV work slowed because they were suffering a string of mental health and other illnesses including spells in psychiatric hospitals.  

Hardly some big conspiracy.  They were 'deplatformed' as you dramatically say, for that pesky inconvenience of being seriously ill and/or dead. 

Can we at least get some relevant and current examples of the point you are trying to argue. 

Edited by ECCOnoob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

Why not look at some of the real evidence for the threat that global warming carries. 

As a reward, afterwards, you could watch the Goodies episode with the big cat in it. That one’s funny.

Edited by Prettytom

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

Bingo!

That's why I post the latest data from the scientists, and not the lecturing "mansplaining" from the politicians, MSM, International Lobbying Organizations (and their fellow travelers on SF) of what the data "really" means. :)

That's why I put "experts" in quotation marks, to distinguish the arrogant certainty of TV Talking Heads like Greta, Algore and Heinz-Kerry, from real scientists, who's "models" of the future are rife with, "if", "may", "could", then "likely".  They know there is no such thing as "settled science", and nobody ever in history has managed to accurately predict the future, much less 50 or a hundred years from now.  :)

But there are those, who's reaction here to the latest empirical observations of the actual scientists, illustrates that they are most uncomfortable with the actually observed data, and prefer to have this data packaged and spoon fed for them, by their favorite sources of information.

That's life!

But as someone who has been directly involved for years with a major Benefits Administration Company creating and developing statistical charts and graphs for reports to their National clientele, I ignore the silly folk here, who accuse me of not understanding a simple line chart :)

Edited by trastrick

14 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Some of your statements on this thread.

• "The great unwashed still believe the nonsense coming out of the MSM and their "experts" in their war against fossil fuels, under the guise of climate change."
  • "Greta is... one of the leaders of the movement to save the planet. (Along with Al Gore, and that hot young ex-bartender in the U.S., that's pushing for the $100,000,000,000,000.00 Green New Deal) and may be on the Committee to oversee the giant wealth transfer required."
  • "I support the notion that Catastrophic Man Made Global Warming is an international financial scam, a giant wealth transfer scheme."

Exactly my opinions, 

Thanks for reposting them!  :)