Climate Change thread

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

---

One round trip per year?

I don't know how many trips, I asked you how far you travel by plane every per year. You have already suggested that you visit family and as the hospitals in your country are not up to your standards (- so much for paradise), that you travel to the 'loathsome' West to use their resources.

39 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I don't know how many trips, I asked you how far you travel by plane every per year. You have already suggested that you visit family and as the hospitals in your country are not up to your standards (- so much for paradise), that you travel to the 'loathsome' West to use their resources.

The answer is one trip per year! 3,000 miles total. Non stop trips.

Last year I combined my "adverse effect" serious heart problem with my visit to family and business interests.

I was hospitalized here, and although I speak enough Spanish to interact on a daily basis, I couldn't follow the long and serious medical conversations between the local doctors who spoke no English, and my partner, who took matters into her own hands, bless her!

So it made sense to get whatever life saving (or otherwise) procedures in Canada. 

Simple, prudent and successful.

Got back here to my paradise, as soon as I was able!

Anything else you would like to know about my personal life?

Maybe an legally sworn Affidavit?  :)

You seem to have no trouble with being skepical and critical of all things conservative, so I can only assume the far left nonsense you swallow and regurgitate here (Russian Collusion Hoax)  without question, is intentionally designed and to further your elist, authoritarian, and quite frankly colonial views. (foreigners you call people) 

Good luck with that!  :)

Edited by trastrick

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

The answer is one trip per year! 3,000 miles total. Non stop trips.

Last year I combined my "adverse effect" serious heart problem with my visit to family and business interests.

I was hospitalized here, and although I speak enough Spanish to interact on a daily basis, I couldn't follow the long and serious medical conversations between the local doctors who spoke no English, and my partner, who took matters into her own hands, bless her!

So it made sense to get whatever life saving (or otherwise) procedures in Canada. 

Simple, prudent and successful.

Got back here to my paradise, as soon as I was able!

Anything else you would like to know about my personal life?

Maybe an legally sworn Affidavit? 

You seem to have no trouble with being skepical and critical of all things conservative, so I can only assume the far left nonsense you swallow and regurgitate here (Russian Collusion Hoax)  without question, is intentionally designed and designed to further your elist, authoritarian views.

Good luck with that! 

This thread is about 'Climate Change'. You made a claim that you are not "...polluting our world!" while omitting to mention that you fly just short of 6000 km a year and other air travel over decades.

This thread is about 'Climate Change'.  What is your purpose in making the claim that I "...swallow and regurgitate here (Russian Collusion Hoax)..."?  For the sake of accuracy let me remind AGAIN that I have certainly questioned you obsession (100+ times)to insert it into several threads but I have never commented on it either positively or negatively. If you can enlighten everybody of when and where I have accused mim Russian Collusion I would be grateful.

Your silence on the Greatest Political Hoax ever perpetrated on a Duly Elected U.S. President in history was indeed noted!

in fact it was deafening!  :)

And you, the Forum’s most obsessive whiner about “conspiracy theories”

You folks never fail to start my day off with a laugh or two!  :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

You've been warned!

The Guardian

Scientists deliver ‘final warning’ on climate crisis: Act Now or it’s Too Late

"IPCC report says only swift and drastic action can avert irrevocable damage to world"

"Scientists have delivered a “final warning” on the climate crisis, as rising greenhouse gas emissions push the world to the brink of irrevocable damage that only swift and drastic action can avert.

"The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), made up of the world’s leading climate scientists, set out the final part of its mammoth sixth assessment report on Monday.

"The comprehensive review of human knowledge of the climate crisis took hundreds of scientists eight years to compile and runs to thousands of pages, but boiled down to one message: act now, or it will be too late.

"The UN secretary general, António Guterres, said: “This report is a clarion call to massively fast-track climate efforts by every country and every sector and on every timeframe. Our world needs climate action on all fronts: everything, everywhere, all at once.”

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/mar/20/ipcc-climate-crisis-report-delivers-final-warning-on-15c

ACT NOW BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE!!!!

This offer can not be repeated!

First 1000 donations to the U.N. Emergency Fund will receive a smart 4 piece tea set to show off to your friends.

Limited Quantities!

Possible good news, a  new population projection, released by the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Stockholm Resilience Centre, BI Norwegian Business School and others* predicts that world population will max at 8.8 billion before the middle of the century, then decline rapidly. Earlier if there is an investment in education and business.

*They were commissioned by the Club of Rome.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Possible good news, a  new population projection, released by the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Stockholm Resilience Centre, BI Norwegian Business School and others* predicts that world population will max at 8.8 billion before the middle of the century, then decline rapidly. Earlier if there is an investment in education and business.

*They were commissioned by the Club of Rome.

Let's hope the keepers of the Doomsday Clock pay attention.

But what with facing our last chance to save the planet from catastrophic global warming, and a possible WW3 "Armageddon" on the horizon, the question of population growth by 2050, may be moot!  :)

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Why do we take 'fear-mongering' climate change doomsday predictions seriously?

I didn't know you did.

Surprise to me.