Climate Change thread

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

It is now but, you have obviously missed the efforts to reverse that.

That's what net zero by 2050 means

And you honestly believe that is possible, given the short time-scale and the fact that this will need world-wide action?

25 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The point is, when everybody stops acting silly,  that nobody ever said we couldn't have cars,  just that we couldn't have cars which run on fossil fuels.

But all cars run on Fossil fuels

Where do you think the electric comes from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Your first 2 lines sound very defeatist.

The human race has got as far as it has by making efforts to overcome hurdles.

D you think those who warn of climate change are just a pressure group?

If you ignore a pressure group it goes away   -   if you ignore climate change, it will still happen whether we are ready or not.

It is now but, you have obviously missed the efforts to reverse that.

That's what net zero by 2050 means

What will be will be as it has always been means we will live with climate change, realise it was not as bad as anticipated or lifestyles will change as necessary . The same way we have always dealt with things.

My pressure group remark was general. Look at the protests over the past few years, extinction rebellion, blm, insulate, just stop oil etc and and etc. in the past. Look at the adverts on tv for starving donkeys, foreign girls etc.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

And you honestly believe that is possible, given the short time-scale and the fact that this will need world-wide action?

I have no idea at all.

Judging by  what almost everyone on this forum thinks,  and then multiply that world wide,  then probably not.

We already know, by all the wars that take place, and the way so many treat the wildlife,  how utterly stupid,  cruel,  and uncaring mankind can be.

Fortunately, it's not my job to oversee it and I won't be here much longer anyway,  but  I can't watch stupidity at work without passing remark.

18 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

What will be will be as it has always been means we will live with climate change, realise it was not as bad as anticipated or lifestyles will change as necessary . The same way we have always dealt with things.

My pressure group remark was general. Look at the protests over the past few years, extinction rebellion, blm, insulate, just stop oil etc and and etc. in the past. Look at the adverts on tv for starving donkeys, foreign girls etc.

Que sera, sera

That's fine and it doesn't matter to me anyway but,  what they will live with will be THE RESULTS of climate change and the results of hundreds of millions of people moving across the globe.

If they deal with that, as well as they have always dealt with things,  it will be god help them.

What the hell the protests over the last few years have to do with it,  I don't know.

If you judge the world by the TV adverts,  that explains why why it's so hard to get a point over to you but never mind. 

Back to   -   Que sera sera   -   I used to love playing that years ago,  sounded good on the organ

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Cobblers.

OG was saying people do not need, implying they would be prepared to forgo, a car, a warm house and flying away on holiday.

I am 100% sure most people would not be prepared to forgo those things, or, to put another way, I guarantee most people would not.

You can't guarantee any of that unless you ask the entire population. 

Stop making things up to suit your narrative