Climate Change thread

2 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

Amongst other things, I can see a lemon tree, a lime tree and a banana plant. All surviving nicely in the balmy Sheffield climate.

Why do you ask?

He's a man with a funny name who likes to ask funny questions

4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

No.

They are there though.

You will have to take my word for it.

I don't take anyone's word

cmon, global warming is at stake - just think of the fuel we could save, no more importation of banana's

how was your foreign holiday, have you offset the carbon yet?

Edited by fools

1 minute ago, fools said:

cmon, global warming is at stake - just think of the fuel we could save, no more importation of banana's

how was you foreign holiday, have you offset the carbon yet?

You never told me why you wanted to know what I could see through my window.

Dont change the subject.

1 minute ago, Prettytom said:

You never told me why you wanted to know what I could see through my window.

Dont change the subject.

I asked organgrinder.

I asked you about your holiday.

don't change the subject, it was snowing a couple of months ago, where was this banana plant then.

Just now, fools said:

don't change the subject, it was snowing a couple of months ago, where was this banana plant then.

In the soil.

They die back in the winter. 

Also, do remember that this is a public forum. There is a private message facility for private conversations.

Just now, Prettytom said:

In the soil.

They die back in the winter. 

Also, do remember that this is a public forum. There is a private message facility for private conversations.

do remember, when someone quotes a post, they are responding to the poster, not some other random bloke sat on the bog stroking his iphone.

14 minutes ago, fools said:

I asked organgrinder.

Why should my window have anything to do with the Climate Change thread?

Can't see anything outside because I'm busy looking at my computer screen to see what kind of nutty reply will come up next.

The room's just brightened up so either the sun has come out or my house is on fire.

Edited by Organgrinder

9 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Why should my window have anything to do with the Climate Change thread?

Can't see anything outside because I'm busy looking at my computer screen to see what kind of nutty reply will come up next.

The room's just brightened up so either the sun has come out or my house is on fire.

Oh dear! :(

He's not back on here already, is he? :suspect:

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Que sera, sera

That's fine and it doesn't matter to me anyway but,  what they will live with will be THE RESULTS of climate change and the results of hundreds of millions of people moving across the globe.

If they deal with that, as well as they have always dealt with things,  it will be god help them.

What the hell the protests over the last few years have to do with it,  I don't know.

If you judge the world by the TV adverts,  that explains why why it's so hard to get a point over to you but never mind. 

Back to   -   Que sera sera   -   I used to love playing that years ago,  sounded good on the organ

Protests were to show how pressure groups move from one subject to another.

TV adverts illustrate how pressure groups  try to influence people, they do not influence me. !

Some years ago I had a pal who was a singer, I liked his rendition of the Timy Yuro song Hurt and he sang a lovely rendition of the Vera Lynne song Yours (the full version)

Edited by harvey19