Climate Change thread

48 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Being duped by a professional satirist/comedian must really hurt. 

Nothing to do with your "far right" American obsession, dearie.

I understand the gentleman, who views I endorsed by posting his video, is a British "satirist", Jewish, born in Russia!  :)

There's have been some very talented "satirists" in the field of politics, and I understand he has a wide audience.

"In March 2022 he appeared as a panellist on the first edition of BBC Question Time following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He talked about how he feels nothing but shame for his birth-country (Russia), and how his family in Ukraine are being bombarded.[14]  _WIKI

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

See #1600

I've already responded to Annie B.

I was talking to YOU, snowflake!  :)

16 minutes ago, RJRB said:

See #1600

cop out as expected.

is that the post where the ai bot mimic, apparently insinuates that an audience consisted of extremists and moderates. Do you recall being asked this question on your way out of a comedy gig?

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I understand the gentleman, who views I endorsed by posting his video, is a British "satirist", Jewish, born in Russia! 

There's have been some very talented "satirists" in the field of politics, and I understand he has a wide audience.

"In March 2022 he appeared as a panellist on the first edition of BBC Question Time following the Russian invasion of Ukraine. He talked about how he feels nothing but shame for his birth-country (Russia), and how his family in Ukraine are being bombarded.[14]  _WIKI

Unlike yourself I did not miss out the 'stand up comedian' bit. He is not a politician.

Unlike yourself I knew exactly who he is, his background and what he does to earn a crust-having heard him first in 2019.

Unlike yourself I know what an Oxford Union debate entails- yes I have been to one in 1979(devolution).

Unlike yourself I did understand his view that the correct response to 'woke' issues should be constructive and not destructive and be relevant to the 90% who don't give a stuff because things like food, survival, shelter. health and money consume their thoughts and energy. He is not wrong. His popularity amongst the far-right is based on their mistaken beliefs that he is attacking the 'wokes' and their beliefs when in fact it is their methods and responses that he is having a go at. 

14 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Unlike yourself I did not miss out the 'stand up comedian' bit. He is not a politician.

Unlike yourself I knew exactly who he is, his background and what he does to earn a crust-having heard him first in 2019.

Unlike yourself I know what an Oxford Union debate entails- yes I have been to one in 1979(devolution).

Unlike yourself I did understand his view that the correct response to 'woke' issues should be constructive and not destructive and be relevant to the 90% who don't give a stuff because things like food, survival, shelter. health and money consume their thoughts and energy. He is not wrong. His popularity amongst the far-right is based on their mistaken beliefs that he is attacking the 'wokes' and their beliefs when in fact it is their methods and responses that he is having a go at. 

did you forget to mention you went to see him once?

fancy thinking he's not mocking you, but your process, and then explaining it as a revelation to others.

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

I understand the gentleman, who views I endorsed by posting his video, is a British "satirist", Jewish, born in Russia!  :)

I've already responded to Annie B.

I was talking to YOU, snowflake!  :)

Snowflake and dearie.

Lol 

I responded to Fools rather than you

Edited by RJRB

On 17/06/2023 at 13:57, Organgrinder said:

Makes no difference whether I'm happy or not.  The government don't consult with me.

What sad, servile attitude in a democracy.

Your government is nothing more than paid "public servants". who you pay handsomely to work for YOU!

Once people forget that, it's over!

13 hours ago, RJRB said:

Snowflake and dearie.

Lol 

I responded to Fools rather than you

No!

Your directive to read post #1600 was directed to me!

As for snowflake and dearie, you should see the profane stuff I've be called on here by the lockstep brigade!

(couldn't even repeat it here, without losing my account!)  :)

The last mine (an open cast one) producing Welsh steam coal has been refused permission to extend its life was refused by Merthyr Tydfil council.

They came out with all the alarmist nonsense about  the "climate and nature emergency" but in actual fact all this will mean is the coal will have to be imported from Columbia and therefore emitting far more CO2. It will also put up the price, therefore making a trip on a steam train even more expensive and putting many Heritage Railways in even more financial trouble.

Surely this decision is just virtue signalling at its worst ?

Just out of interest, what do these climate activists expect to happen with steam railways ?

Get rid of them I suppose ?

After all, their contribution to CO2 emissions must be significant, surely.......  Particularly compared to China & India, who have no intention of severely reducing their emissions, so I think the phrase "drop in the ocean" is about right.

Much damage for no significant gain.

Edited by Chekhov

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

No!

Your directive to read post #1600 was directed to me!

As for snowflake and dearie, you should see the profane stuff I've be called on here by the lockstep brigade!

(couldn't even repeat it here, without losing my account!)  :)

So why did they not lose their account in the first place?

5 hours ago, RJRB said:

So why did they not lose their account in the first place?

Probably because I've never complained, flagged a post, or even used  the ignore function.

I actually actually enjoy seeing lefties driven to rank frustration.

For me it's part of the fun! :)

Edited by trastrick