Climate Change thread

9 hours ago, trastrick said:

No!

Your directive to read post #1600 was directed to me!

As for snowflake and dearie, you should see the profane stuff I've be called on here by the lockstep brigade!

(couldn't even repeat it here, without losing my account!)  :)

Simply post links to them - shouldn't be hard..................................

Edited by Longcol

17 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Simply post links to them - shouldn't be hard..................................

I don't take them that seriously!  :)

You've never noticed any profanity here?

It's all part of the rough and tumble.

But lately the perps have been a little more civil!  :)

First they came for the landlords
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a landlord
Then they came for the homeowners
And now I am in the crap

Future-EPC-Rating-C-Requirements.svg

To upgrade many houses (older ones in particular) to a C grade for an EPC could cost up to £25,000. It may not even be possible at all for some.

As regards the law to force Landlords to upgrade their properties to grade C that is one of the reasons many landlords are selling up, the supply of rented accommodation is shrinking and rents are skyrocketing.

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

And I did not speak out
And now I am in the crap

To upgrade many houses (older ones in particular) to a C grade for an EPC could cost up to £25,000. It may not even be possible at all for some.

As regards the law to force Landlords to upgrade their properties to grade C that is one of the reasons many landlords are selling up, the supply of rented accommodation is shrinking and rents are skyrocketing.

That's no problem at all to people who don't own spare property.

Simple answer   SELL IT.

That will make little difference to the property pool because the new owners can still use or rent it out.

You are not a bit bothered by the supply of accommodation or by rents skyrocketing.   You are only bothered about what it will COST YOU.

46 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Simple answer   SELL IT.

That will make little difference to the property pool because the new owners can still use or rent it out.

You are not a bit bothered by the supply of accommodation or by rents skyrocketing.   You are only bothered about what it will COST YOU.

Sounds like you have just discovered the mechanism that has driven humans for the past 300,000.000 years or so!

Namely, "Enlightened Self Interest".

Which has to be worked into any philosophy of a successful society!

That's the hard bit! :)

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

And I did not speak out
And now I am in the crap

Why are you quoting a potential cost of £25,000? I thought you could get an exemption if you could demonstrate that the necessary improvements would cost more than £3,500?

3 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Simple answer   SELL IT.

As usual you have failed to understand the post.

Some people who are not landlords (like you) might say  fine let the landlords pay (even if it is unreasonable).

But by 2035 it'll be all home owners.

2 hours ago, Carl said:

Why are you quoting a potential cost of £25,000? I thought you could get an exemption if you could demonstrate that the necessary improvements would cost more than £3,500?

I hear different things.

Where have you read that ?

But, even if there is a £3,500 max cost, how long before that gets "updated" ?

Edited by Chekhov

10 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

As usual you have failed to understand the post.

Some people who are not landlords (like you) might say  fine let the landlords pay (even if it is unreasonable).

But by 2035 it'll be all home owners.

Why will  it ?   Please explain.

We are home owners and already pay to keep  our homes in a good and safe condition and fully expected that this would be necessary.

If you are referring to the phasing out of Gas boilers,  that will be  an unfortunate necessity but boilers don't last for ever anyway.