Climate Change thread

17 minutes ago, trastrick said:

That you do, but there's obviously some interest in climate change , Trump and Biden that accounts for their high viewing numbers and responses.  :)

No just an indication of my disrespect for the ones, who tag team troll,  and gangbang my every post, with snarky and personally insulting comments.

I tune my attitude into the wavelength of my attackers.

I'd be more than happy to tone down the rhetoric, but looking at all the other posts, in other topics, including yours, I don't see any chance of that happening anytime soon!  :)

But the good news is, I'm seeing less and less of the abject disgusting profanity, that used to be hurled at me, although as it comes from anonymous keyboard warriors, I don't give the least bit of credence. I say "bring it on"!  :)

Some interest in climate change.  None at all in Trump, Biden, or anything else in America.

Tag Team Troll ?  only in 2 posts have I and Hecate posted at the same time and that was just by coincidence.  I wouldn't call that EVERY post.

Disrespect me as much as you like, I have a thick skin but you taking a stance as a luvvie,   disrespects yourself,  not me.   If you're happy with it then that's fine.

I'm not bothered whether you tone down the rhetoric or not.  I can stand any amount of bluster,

You need to look up the words in the bottom line for their true meaning, as I think you're getting carried away again.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that no profanity is allowed on this forum.

The good news will be,  when you can stick to the subject as it refers to the UK,   leave out American politics or happenings totally,  and try answering difficult questions without going for lunch.

These Nett Zero zealots have a massive problem with loads of things once the **** starts hitting the fan, but possibly one of the biggest issues is cars.

Motoring is relatively cheap now. I sold my old Focus (06 plate) for about £1.5K and with decent maintenance it might last up to 5 years. With none it'll probably still be good for two years or so and it was a car which could pretty reliably get you to Penzance or John O'Groats.

There is no way one of these electric cars, even second hand, will be available for anywhere near £1500.

And how will it get you from Sheffield to John O'Groats ?

Why should motoring only be the preserve of the well off ?

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

These Nett Zero zealots have a massive problem with loads of things once the **** starts hitting the fan, but possibly one of the biggest issues is cars.

Motoring is relatively cheap now. I sold my old Focus (06 plate) for about £1.5K and with decent maintenance it might last up to 5 years. With none it'll probably still be good for two years or so and it was a car which could pretty reliably get you to Penzance or John O'Groats.

There is no way one of these electric cars, even second hand, will be available for anywhere near £1500.

And how will it get you from Sheffield to John O'Groats ?

Why should motoring only be the preserve of the well off ?

The Nett Zero zealots don't have a problem at all   -   It's you and people  like you,  who have a problem if you are resistant to any change.

You could always miss a trip to John O'Groats and go some where nearer.

Now , when you come to talk about affordability    -    Why should ANYTHING only be the preserve of the well off ?  But many things are   -   yes, it's an unfair world

Under new community guidelines unveiled by TikTok last April, content that "undermines well-established scientific consensus" on climate change will not be allowed on the platform.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-66023797

Seriously ?

Is that not actually censorship ?

And, most significantly, were they not doing similar stuff during the pandemic, and they stuff they banned turned out to be true !

I was banned on this very forum back in Apr 2020 for repeatedly stating kids were at no significant risk from Covid, which, even worse, was actually know to be correct at the time.

VERY worrying.

What kind of world are we  living in ?

I don't like it.

Edited by Chekhov

15 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

... I don't like it.

You should just post that when you reply to threads in future.  It's always the gist of your posts and it'd save you a lot of typing.

They're private companies.  They could have a rule preventing you from talking about cabbages if they wanted.

16 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Are these responses intended to clarify why you link climate change to 20 million rioters? 

Aside from the fact that mass protests attract far more leftist voters than the right, they are two separate issues.

I'm often accused of being "far right", but I've never had the inclination to take to the streets, neither has anybody I know, who shares my political views.

In a democracy, I'm happy with my one vote, and I respect the right of others to choose their own idea of government. If I can't live with what the majority chooses, I just move on. 

My dear sister, in her student days, protested regularly, and once got herself chained to a fence of some nuclear facility in the UK, back in the late 70s. We have the picture somewhere.

She matured though, and went on to a live a normal life! :)

16 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

The good news will be,  when you can stick to the subject as it refers to the UK,   leave out American politics or happenings totally,  and try answering difficult questions without going for lunch.

When they close down the Trump, Biden and Climate Change threads, (which were not started by me), I'll fold up my tent, and wish you all a nice life!

Until then, don't expect me to be your missing monkey, who will dance to your organgrinding weird tunes. :)

My lunch and my REAL social life, are far more important to me than your somewhat, shall we say, restricted views from Sheffield.

So, get used to it, and stop whining! :)

Edited by trastrick

35 minutes ago, trastrick said:

When they close down the Trump, Biden and Climate Change threads, (which were not started by me), I'll fold up my tent, and wish you all a nice life!

Until then, don't expect me to be your missing monkey, who will dance to your organgrinding weird tunes. :)

My lunch and my REAL social life, are far more important to me than your somewhat, shall we say, restricted views from Sheffield.

So, get used to it, and stop whining! :)

You never cotton on to the fact that we ARE NOT ON the Trump / Biden threads because we are not interested in Trump / Biden, and don't want to know.

Neither are riots in the USA,  our particular interests either,  so we would be happy for you to leave those out too.

We are simply discussing Climate Change on this thread,  as per the title and I,  at least,  am perfectly happy to discuss climate  change with you..

Helpfully, that discussion would be about your personal thoughts on the subject,  rather than a load of bumph which you have downloaded from some conspiracy theory website.

You might find that a tall order but it would enable us to use the discussion forum in the way that discussion forums are generally used.

My missing monkey doesn't come on here because he finds it boring when posters just quote somebody else instead of thinking and speaking for themselves.

Edited by Organgrinder

17 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

>> Chekhov said 

Motoring is relatively cheap now. I sold my old Focus (06 plate) for about £1.5K and with decent maintenance it might last up to 5 years. With none it'll probably still be good for two years or so and it was a car which could pretty reliably get you to Penzance or John O'Groats.

And how will it get you from Sheffield to John O'Groats ?

Why should motoring only be the preserve of the well off ?<<

The Nett Zero zealots don't have a problem at all   -   It's you and people  like you,  who have a problem if you are resistant to any change.

You could always miss a trip to John O'Groats and go some where nearer.

Now , when you come to talk about affordability    -    Why should ANYTHING only be the preserve of the well off ?  But many things are   -   yes, it's an unfair world

Typical response of an out of touch authoritarian Leftie, though at least you are more honest than a lot of the Nett Zero extremists who try to promise people can have their cake and eat it. You are at least quite open about it, people will have a worse quality of life and must just get used to it.

>>It's you and people  like you,  who have a problem if you are resistant to any change<<

I think you'll find the vast majority of people do not want to give up their warm houses, their cars and flying abroad on their hols,....