Climate Change thread

1 hour ago, Padders said:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Thank you for the "Padders Bar" plug Mr. Grinder, much appreciated, may I add your very welcome to join our happy crowd.

Thanks for the invite.  Don't get in many bars these days.

I have to try and behave.

43 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I have the same problem...

... with my wallet! :(

Well I have to admit to being a bit thrifty myself.

I once lost the combination number to the lock on my wallet...

Finished up in the Northern General Hospital, where they performed Open Wallet Surgery on it.

Thankfully, they managed to prise a £10 note out .

Good old NHS.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Thanks for the invite.  Don't get in many bars these days.

I have to try and behave.

You certainly are fortunate to get an invite. Padders Bar is as exclusive as it gets. 

Just bring a roll of notes and a smile and you'll have a night to remember. 

Or forget but that depends on how big your roll is 🤔

• Haha 1

Another thing about this climate change farce...

What right have we got to be flying envoys around the World lecturing other countries about climate change.

As we all know, the government in Britain is cutting many services as it desperately tries to reduce the nations debt.

The streets are packed with homeless ex-librarians whose places of work have been boarded up in the never ending quest to save cash.

We understand the need for all this, but we don't see Grant Shapps sitting in a candlelit office, in mittens, desperately thinking up new ways to save money.

So what in the name of all that's holy are we doing funding a team of people whose job it is to tell the Indians to stick with their oxen?

I mean it, how can we be turning of our street lights and planning to kick-start our next Olympics with a pigeon and a box of sparklers when we are running a climate change department in Delhi?

What is Grant Shapps thinking of?

Of course, we have people who think that global warming is the greatest threat to humanity and that if any spending is going to be ring-fenced over the next few years, it must be used in the war on carbon dioxide.

So they would abolish the army, the National Health service, the north and those who live in it if they thought it would save a Polar bear and keep the ice intact.

They would even seek to make it a crime to disagree with them.

For sure, the air quality in India is extremely poor, when you come in to land at Delhi airport, it's like descending into a big airborne cloud of HP sauce. At ground level, life's better- the air is like a consomme - but after a day it must feel like you've been sucking furiously on a Victory Vee lozenge made from crude oil.

Sadly though, air you can eat has nothing to do with carbon dioxide, if you want to make it go away, you send mechanics to service the buses properly.

India, is committed to reducing it's emissions, so they tell us, but India is a country on the move, shouldn't we be making a few bob there, isn't it better to sell them our Jet fighters and our diggers and our bladeless Dyson Fans?

We should be milking it's growth, not trying to stifle it with pious words and Uriah Heep hand-wringing.

We shouldn't be sending a team of mean-spirited eco-ists who want to stand on the hose that's fuelling India's growth.

Indians want to be like us, they want to choose a life, choose a career, choose washing machines, cars, compact-disc players, electrical tin openers, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, and a nice set of matching luggage.

And me, 

I'm off into the garden to soak up this wonderful sun.

See you later folks.

• Haha 1

A lot of the Far East pollution is caused by them making goods to sell in the West at cheap prices I heard today.

So maybe the way forward is to only buy goods made in the UK, more costly but if people are serious about climate change that could be a positive step forward.

• Like 1