Climate Change thread

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am no fan of China, as the Taiwan flag on my profile pic proves, but OI doubt very much is more than a tiny percentage of products manufactured n China are made using slave labour.

And all without anyone voting for it......

That's fine, you are free to believe what you like, as you do anyway, but it's well known that China uses slave labour..

If you voted at the last election then Yes,  you voted for it because every party agreed on Climate action..

If you didn't vote,  hard luck but the same end result.

Edited by Organgrinder

Saw Stanley Johnson, (Boris' dad), being interviewed earlier.  Apparently, he's a climate activist these days & he was stating how unbearably hot the weather is at the moment in Europe, from where he's just returned from holiday.  It's all down to climate change, don't you know? 

It appears that Stanley need his holiday because he'd been working, travelling for around 5 weeks through China seeing what the Chinese are doing to tackle climate change?

He felt the need to go to China off the back of spending time at a climate change conference in Montreal. 

I just wondering if he managed to do all the above by walking everywhere & doing his bit to save the planet? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Saw Stanley Johnson, (Boris' dad), being interviewed earlier.  Apparently, he's a climate activist these days & he was stating how unbearably hot the weather is at the moment in Europe, from where he's just returned from holiday.  It's all down to climate change, don't you know? 

It appears that Stanley need his holiday because he'd been working, travelling for around 5 weeks through China seeing what the Chinese are doing to tackle climate change?

He felt the need to go to China off the back of spending time at a climate change conference in Montreal. 

I just wondering if he managed to do all the above by walking everywhere & doing his bit to save the planet? 

I don't know if this climate change is real or not..

What I do know is the people with money will not change the lifestyle their accustomed to.

They expect us plebs to change our lifestyles so they can enjoy jetting around the World.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Padders said:

I don't know if this climate change is real or not..

What I do know is the people with money will not change the lifestyle their accustomed to.

They expect us plebs to change our lifestyles so they can enjoy jetting around the World.

greta-how-dare-you.gif

Edited by The_DADDY
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

He doesn't realise how foolish he, and the rest of the privileged classes look whilst they pollute the planet and pretend they are concerned.

7 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

He doesn't realise how foolish he, and the rest of the privileged classes look whilst they pollute the planet and pretend they are concerned.

Words of wisdom!

I wish I had said that.

Oh wait, I've been saying it for years!  :)

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

Words of wisdom!

I wish I had said that.

Oh wait, I've been saying it for years!  :)

But I,  and some others,  don't take much notice of what you say.

In a previous post I asked 3 questions, which need to be answered by the "experts", before committing the world to "fundamental change", a "new economic model", and the "investment" in dollars needed.

One of them was addressed by  at a U.S. Congressional Hearing recently,   -  The Cost.

Estimates run from zero (by optimistic global warmers) to upwards of $170.000,000,000,000,00) by others if you include transfers to the developing and undeveloped nations.

This is more than the total National Debts of every country in the World :)

The Democrats sent in David Turk, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Energy as their expert witness.

Here's how it went:

Next witness up was Raya Salter, Energy Justice Lawyer and Activist.

Looks like there's still a little work to do here.  :)

Edited by trastrick

8 hours ago, trastrick said:

One of them was addressed by  at a U.S. Congressional Hearing recently,   -  The Cost.

Estimates run from zero (by optimistic global warmers) to upwards of $170.000,000,000,000,00) by others if you include transfers to the developing and undeveloped nations.

According to the UK government, at the current rate of warming, 7.4% of UK GDP will be lost by 2100 as a result of climate change.

This is looking like an increasingly optimistic estimate... impacts on World GDP are even bleaker.

World GDP is approx (just under) $100tn...

...assuming your incorrectly notated figure above is $170tn, at those rates... how long would it take before this investment paid for itself?

Edited by Magilla