Climate Change thread

6 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

1 - Democracy is not working well in the UK because we don't have a real democracy.  We need proportional representation to ensure democracy.

2 - Your bottom line is just conjecture and what you hope will happen.  Unfortunately it won't. because the world must change.

Some rich economies  like China intend to wait longer and then throw massive amounts of money at it.    We don't have massive amounts of money so we're doing it on the slow and cheap.

1 - OMG, I agree with OG, the world really is going mad.

2 - This is cobblers, on a GDP per population measure we are substantially richer than China :

GDP per capita (2022) :

China = $12,814

UK = $45,775

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Psychopaths the pair of em. 

P S. Not long ago that was a 'conspiracy theory' . 

I'm not sure re Gates,  Soros,  whenever I read people's comments seems to be a very controlling person , especially using his money to influence events  - well,  let me tell him,  I like my own  way too and I bet it's fairer than his!👍

Edited by cressida

I never thought I would agree with Tony Blair, this is what he says about climate change. He believes the British public should be spared the net zero burden.

Britain should not obsess about cutting its carbon emissions, Sir Tony Blair said yesterday.

In a break with Labour policy, the former prime minister suggested it was futile to make big sacrifices to drive down the UK's emissions when they are dwarfed by those from countries such as China.

He said even if the UK did a 'huge amount' it was 'not really going to impact climate change'. 

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 1

Just now, hauxwell said:

I never though I would agree with Tony Blair, this is what he says about climate change. He believes the British public should be spared the net zero burden.

Britain should not obsess about cutting its carbon emissions, Sir Tony Blair said yesterday.

In a break with Labour policy, the former prime minister suggested it was futile to make big sacrifices to drive down the UK's emissions when they are dwarfed by those from countries such as China.

He said even if the UK did a 'huge amount' it was 'not really going to impact climate change'. 

What's that war criminal up to? :suspect:

51 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

1 - OMG, I agree with OG, the world really is going mad.

2 - This is cobblers, on a GDP per population measure we are substantially richer than China :

GDP per capita (2022) :

China = $12,814

UK = $45,775

2 - You forget that China doesn't have our crumbling infrastructure and our massive amount of debt.  We have hospitals & schools with roofs held up with scaffold because we can't afford to repair them.

China is now a modern country with new housing, hospitals, roads etc.  They have massive industrial complexes where they are working  in modern conditions and exporting to the entire world.

They lead in so many new fields whilst we trail behind. We have only a tiny fraction of the industry that we once had and now buy almost everything from China. China gets richer whilst we get poorer.

Why have we cancelled part of HS2 and then put the rest of it on Pause because it's proving too expensive.  China, like everyone else,  has had high speed rail for years.

Their GDP is explained by their massive population and they will not still be paying their debt off,  like we will,   when the next generation is dead.

China built so many new high rise housing developments  that they have  demolished thousands of them again because no on wanted or needed them.

We are talking about tents for immigrants.

If you want to be guided by GDP alone,  that's fine  but you need to explain why we can't do the things we need to do.

16 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I never thought I would agree with Tony Blair, this is what he says about climate change. He believes the British public should be spared the net zero burden.

We were creating massive pollution 100 years before China even started..

I think liar Blair has caused this country more than enough problems already.

15 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Climate change by the looks of things.

No mate   -   just talking about it.     and  talks cheap.

He should be in front of a war crimes court anyway.

9 hours ago, Chekhov said:

plus the ludicrous draconian reaction to Covid, obviously (censored),

Why are you writing like this? 

Has the mod told you to lay off the OT covid rubbish on unrelated threads?

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Why are you writing like this? 

Has the mod told you to lay off the OT covid rubbish on unrelated threads?

He's writing like that because I said I wouldn't answer his post unless he removed references to Covid  because the thread was about Climate Change

Rather than delete that bit,  he scored a line through it so that it was still there.    -    he's determined to have a Covid reference in each of his posts.