Climate Change thread

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Jeremy Corbyn who genuinely wanted the best for the electorate and the country ('for the many not the few.') He was metaphorically assassinated for it.  

David Camerons line was, we are all in this together.

I think the fact the Tory party are breaking ranks on this Nett Zero at any cost mantra is VERY significant.

It's also how democracy is supposed to work.

Maybe there is hope for our democracy yet ? 

Edited by Chekhov

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I think the fact the Tory party are breaking ranks on this Nett Zero at any cost mantra is VERY significant.

It's also how democracy is supposed to work.

Maybe there is hope for our democracy yet ? 

It probably is.  Every party that broke ranks has been either, consigned to the opposition or saddled with another new leader which half of them don't want.

Whatever they do,   it's too late.

There's more than hope,  that we will be rid of them soon.

Just remember that all Sunak has just done,  is to break yet another pledge.

18 hours ago, El Cid said:

David Camerons line was, we are all in this together.

The difference is Jeremy Corbyn had a well documented reputation for standing by his word and voting for what he believed was right, at considerable detriment to his political career. He also had a backbone of steel and didn't run away at the first obstacle.

• Haha 1

Just now, Anna B said:

The difference is Jeremy Corbyn had a well documented reputation for standing by his word and voting for what he believed was right, at considerable detriment to his political career. He also had a backbone of steel and didn't run away at the first obstacle.

🤣😁😂

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was more laughing with your continuing obsession with the disgraced antisemitic ex-leader of the Labour Party. But crack on.

Jeremy Corbyn was an exceptional man (and politician) who comes along only rarely, which is why I championed him. He was addressing the issues that people are complaining about now. He was ahead of his time and the true face of democracy, unlike the current shower.

It annoys me when I see uninformed people use slurs like 'antisemitic' about a particularly honourable man who did more to champion Jewish rights than any other politician, (and those are  the words of the Jewish Council, not mine.)

I feel compelled to try and right obvious misconceptions which come about by gross media manipulation, which I hope is now something we are all more aware of these days, and is surely something we all have to guard against especially in these difficult times.

However I do appreciate that JC was not everyone's cup of tea, which is fine, and that the opportunity to harness his kind of politics is now sadly a thing of the past. 

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

On 02/08/2023 at 10:44, Anna B said:

Jeremy Corbyn was an exceptional man (and politician) who comes along only rarely, which is why I championed him. He was addressing the issues that people are complaining about now. He was ahead of his time and the true face of democracy, unlike the current shower.

It annoys me when I see uninformed people use slurs like 'antisemitic' about a particularly honourable man who did more to champion Jewish rights than any other politician, (and those are  the words of the Jewish Council, not mine.)

I feel compelled to try and right obvious misconceptions which come about by gross media manipulation, which I hope is now something we are all more aware of these days, and is surely something we all have to guard against especially in these difficult times.

However I do appreciate that JC was not everyone's cup of tea, which is fine, and that the opportunity to harness his kind of politics is now sadly a thing of the past. 

Jeremy Corbyn wanted to pay people who do unskilled work the same rate of pay as tradesmen, there is already a vast shortage of skilled trades this would have completely decimated a mostly working class industry that many rely on, the man is a fool unfortunately.