Climate Change thread

The word 'Hypocrite' is derived from the the Greek word 'Hypomrite', which means an 'Actor' - every day's a school day with me, eh? 🙂 

Ironic then that actress Emma Thompson is a hypocrite in both senses of the word.   I've been reading a piece highlighting that eco-warrior Thompson is currently enjoying the pleasure of holidaying in the Med on a $200 million+ DIESEL powered super yacht.  The thing's not even wind powered for God's sake!  The story also highlighted that Ms Thompson owns a luxury, (would it be anything else?),  home in Venice.   Presumably, Ms Thompson usually sticks to her green credentials when visiting it & takes the less polluting options of train, bus & walking?  Hmmm? 

This is another celebrity eco-warrior hypocrite who recently threw her weight behind London Mayor Khan's expansion of the ULEZ to whole of London.  No doubt at some point, she'll get off her diesel guzzling super yacht & possibly fly home by private jet, just as she did a few years ago to join another environmental protest? 

Edited by Baron99

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

The word 'Hypocrite' is derived from the the Greek word 'Hypomrite', which means an 'Actor' - every day's a school day with me, eh? 🙂 

Ironic then that actress Emma Thompson is a hypocrite in both senses of the word.   I've been reading a piece highlighting that eco-warrior Thompson is currently enjoying the pleasure of holidaying in the Med on a $200 million+ DIESEL powered super yacht.  The thing's not even wind powered for God's sake!  The story also highlighted that Ms Thompson owns a luxury, (would it be anything else?),  home in Venice.   Presumably, Ms Thompson usually sticks to her green credentials when visiting it & takes the less polluting options of train, bus & walking?  Hmmm? 

This is another celebrity eco-warrior hypocrite who recently threw her weight behind London Mayor Khan's expansion of the ULEZ to whole of London.  No doubt at some point, she'll get off her diesel guzzling super yacht & possibly fly home by private jet, just as she did a few years ago to join another environmental protest? 

They're all hypocrites if they live in the west 

The only people I really respect are those people on Channel 5 with that posh bloke presenting where they give up life in the city to live off grid in a Botswanan swamp 

Edited by Jack Grey

22 hours ago, trastrick said:

None so blind as those who's view of the world they live in comes from the telly!  :)

Also good travel advice to avoid California, built on the San Andreas Fault, Italy areas under the shadow of volcanoes,  beaches (tsunamis), buildings on Tornado Alley, flood plain lands, barrier Islands, and sand spits, the edge of cliffs, and in the middle of forest and scrub that burns off every year.

You missed out Haiti which is a bit closer to your adopted home

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Emma Thompson has just become someone to laugh at. She is the epitome of the luvvie liberal hypocrite.

Shame really as she is a good actor.

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

You missed out Haiti which is a bit closer to your adopted home

Haiti and it's corrupt government yes I agree. The corruption is fed by  and exploited by Western "humanitarian" aid which goes directly to the despots, in exchange for "investment opportunities" for the the likes of Clinton and Biden money machines.

Haiti was the blueprint for the Biden's Ukraine. The U.S. in their "Regime Change" madness days, saw the Clintons (like the Bidens in Ukraine) become the biggest players in Haitian politics.

The tale is identical.

Roger Clinton, brother of Bill, was a druggie, ex jailbird who found fortune in Haiti.

"Roger - who walked out on his pregnant ex-girlfriend - is seen for the first time in years looking worse for wear as it's revealed he has nothing to do with his daughter and refuses to meet his three-year-old grandson" - Mail Online

Hunter followed Roger's script to a T, because it worked.

Grifters on steroids!

Ask any poorly educated Haitian about the the Clintons, and you will be surprised to hear what they say about them. The Clinton's don't hang with Haitians these day, because of the protests they still face from angry Haitians.

But I digress :)

I'm privileged to live among many legal and illegal immigrants from Haiti.

I've found them to be generally the hardest working, and most agreeable people I have ever met. They are victims of their evil Internationally supported corrupt governments.

Unfortunately the illegals take jobs away from native Dominicans who are already hard pressed to make a living, so they constantly face deportation by the local authorities.  Legal Haitians, on the other hand,  are a part of the DR fabric, and run many of the successful businesses there.

2 out of 3 of my favourite restaurant/bars are owned and staffed by Haitians.

Beautiful people who are a credit to the human race!

Unlike some  :)

Edited by trastrick

I was referring more to the disastrous earthquake which heaped more misery on misery for the Haitian population.

However your views on the the people are interesting and without doubt exploitation by outsiders is a common theme around the world,as is exploitation by corrupt and undemocratic governments.

Edited by RJRB
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I was referring more to the disastrous earthquake which heaped more misery on misery for the Haitian population.

However your views on the the people are interesting and without doubt exploitation by outsiders is a common theme around the world,as is exploitation by corrupt and undemocratic governments.

Well said!

23 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

It is not about opinion, it is not about politics, it is your attempts to swamp threads with your Trump versus Biden/Biden,Obama/Clinton/Clinton/Pelosi/Democrats/Fauci etc. Anything and anybody  that upsets Trump also becomes a target and necessitates copious amount of tedious copy. Perhaps you imagine that as we are further away than you from America that we need feeding with their conservative and far-right sources. Here in the UK we are far more sceptical than you think and pushing this American junk down our necks is counter productive. You are no Alistair Cooke-who did have first hand knowledge. Unfortunately you also assume that your sources are accurate and in particular when it comes to science it really is unfortunate that so much of it is selective, biased and just plain wrong and just has to be challenged.

You are reverting to your wannabe moderator role again!  :0

But you are welcome to challenge what I post on it's own merit.

Word soup generalities are not the proper way to dismiss my opinions, just a lazy way to discredit everything I post here. :)

That, and the insults, one liners, and the clapping seal icons from your fellow travelers here, are no real challenge!  :)

As far as Trump/Biden/ references go, they long preceded my posts, but they seemed so emotionally laded and biased, I thought I'd try for a little more balance?

e.g. Post#1 in Trump thread:

"I loathe and despise Trump with every fibre of my being; he is a morally diseased, revoltingly self obsessed and horribly dangerous man".

That and when discussing global affairs, it's hard to avoid references to the one's responsible for the various Crises that affect one's life.

Such as the fact that every major Scandal in the last 30 years has involved the Clinton Family in one way or another.

The very people the Left were so anxious to put in the White House in 2016. :)

Even today when exchanging views on the mess in Haiti, the Clintons are right there, as usual.

You can always put me on ignore!

Peace!

Edited by trastrick

1 hour ago, trastrick said:

The very people the Left were so anxious to put in the White House in 2016. :)

Even today when exchanging views on the mess in Haiti, the Clintons are right there, as usual.

You can always put me on ignore!

Peace!

Are the Clintons currently involved in the scandals surrounding Trump?

• Like 1

On 02/09/2023 at 13:10, trastrick said:

None so blind as those who's view of the world they live in comes from the telly!  :)

Sounds as though you believe that Floods and Fires featured on TV News,  are not actually real and are down to TV makeup departments ?

Whether you see them in real life or not,  they still happened.   Or would you care to argue that point ?   ( just leave american presidents out of it )

Edited by Organgrinder