Climate Change thread

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

The world has a great many problems. Some of them surprisingly simple, and well within the wit of man to solve, yet 'the experts' still haven't managed to sort them out. They have not been able to bring clean drinking water to every community. They have not been able to distribute food to all those that need it, yet preside over an overweight, bloated society with food to spare. 

If they cant get the feasible stuff right, what makes people think they can handle the tricky stuff?

Experts can be part of the problem. I'm not saying they can't be useful, but their arrogance is sometimes astounding and belongs in the 'do as I say, not as I do' world. They all have taskmasters with vested interests  which muddies the water and has them pulling in different directions, which is of no help to anyone. Beware experts, or at least temper them with a bit of critical thinking. They sometimes do more harm than good.

Good post that Anna. 

I'd also like to add all those hypocritical 'expert' celebrities who preach to the common man how we should use less, walk further, go without whilst they travel in chauffeur driven limos and private jets. 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

The world has a great many problems. Some of them surprisingly simple, and well within the wit of man to solve, yet 'the experts' still haven't managed to sort them out. They have not been able to bring clean drinking water to every community. They have not been able to distribute food to all those that need it, yet preside over an overweight, bloated society with food to spare. 

Experts can be part of the problem.

Was your previous job that of MP?

You can say anything you want if you twist the meaning of words.

Our MPs are not experts.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

I'd also like to add all those hypocritical 'expert' celebrities who preach to the common man how we should use less, walk further, go without whilst they travel in chauffeur driven limos and private jets. 

Surely if people walk and cycle more, reuse containers etc they will save money, so they can visit their children in London/Australia etc

14 hours ago, El Cid said:

Surely if people walk and cycle more, reuse containers etc they will save money, so they can visit their children in London/Australia etc

Nothing wrong with doing your bit, but where is the legislation on big business to clean up their act? 

Too much greenwashing going on, and not enough real solutions being applied. Profit is still sacrosanct it seems.

Edited by Anna B

15 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I honestly believe Climate change is cyclical , its happened before and will again . We are not helping though .

it happens in cycles yes, look at the ice age, out of the ice age, but you do know science can do things like look in the earth etc and see the various layers and whats in them? they know what includes natural stuff and man made stuff lol

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

it happens in cycles yes, look at the ice age, out of the ice age, but you do know science can do things like look in the earth etc and see the various layers and whats in them? they know what includes natural stuff and man made stuff lol

That’s why I said we are not helping 

• Like 1

Global warming has been ultra hyped for years.

Politicians lie all the time about it.

It's a political treasure trove.  A huge money pit!

$trillions needed to fine tune the Earth's weather 50 or 100 years from now!

And WE HAVE TO ACT NOW! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!, as they say in all hyped up commercial advertising!  :)

Edited by trastrick

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Global warming has been ultra hyped for years.

Politicians lie all the time about it.

It's a political treasure trove.  A huge money pit!

$trillions needed to fine tune the Earth's weather 50 or 100 years from now!

And WE HAVE TO ACT NOW! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!, as they say in all commercial advertising!  :)

yeah yeah usual right wing conspiracy tripe

Just now, melthebell said:

yeah yeah usual right wing conspiracy tripe

More like a religious cult.

The End is Nigh! Give up your Worldly Goods, and Ye Shall be Saved! 

2nd oldest profession!  :)

Edited by trastrick

21 minutes ago, trastrick said:

More like a religious cult.

The End is Nigh! Give up your Worldly Goods, and Ye Shall be Saved! 

2nd oldest profession!  :)

The difference is, We ARE creating our own end, keep burying your head in the sand as long as the greenbacks keep rolling in