Climate Change thread

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I hope you are preparing you and yours for the coming conlaguration.

Sure, while drinking my covfefe! :thumbsup:

As usual though, always best to read the articles that fly entirely in the face of the wider narrative you're trying to push...

...before posting them! :?

Edited by Magilla

1 hour ago, retep said:

Pollution?

"researchers estimate the United States will have more than 720,000 tons of blade material to dispose of over the next 20 years, a figure that does not include newer, taller higher-capacity wind turbines."

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/wind/the-cost-of-decommissioning-wind-turbines-is-huge/

The Institute for Energy Research

IER is often described as a front group for the fossil fuel industry.[2][3][4] It was initially formed by Charles Koch, receives donations from many large companies like Exxon, and publishes a stream of reports and position papers opposing any efforts to control greenhouse gasses.

That source is going to get you a nice balanced view.

Talking of balanced. For comparison, perhaps you could tell us how much material needs to be disposed of when decommissioning oil rigs and fossil fuelled power plants?

1 hour ago, altus said:

The Institute for Energy Research

That source is going to get you a nice balanced view.

Talking of balanced. For comparison, perhaps you could tell us how much material needs to be disposed of when decommissioning oil rigs and fossil fuelled power plants?

For comparison can you tell us how many thousands of wind turbines there are.

1 hour ago, retep said:

For comparison can you tell us how many thousands of wind turbines there are.

That's rather moot - that 720000 tons figure, if accurate, is for all the wind turbines blades expected to be disposed of in the US in next 20 years rather than just one.

I searched for "weight of an oil rig" and the first result was The 10 Heaviest Oil Rigs in The World

1. Hibernia

Hibernia Oil Platform

This is the heaviest oil rig in the world as it has a 660,000 ton gravity base structure and a 41,000 ton topside facility. Its combined weight is 701,000 tons. It has a displacement of 1.5 million tons with ballast.

So one oil rig (excluding ballast) is almost as heavy as all the US wind turbine blades that will be disposed of in the next 20 years according to the fossil fuel lobby.

21 hours ago, El Cid said:

I believe every country and their scientific bodies believe in man made climate change, every UK political party, but you think we should follow Topsy 🤣

Of course they do, they're making a fortune out of it.

Why was Al Gore so wrong 20 years ago, I assume he didn't make it up off the top of his head.

No one answered before but I assume the people who are for this absolute hogwash don't own a car or use any diesel/petrol vehicles, refuse to fly and rely totally on renewable energy, can anyone confirm.

7 hours ago, top4718 said:

Of course they do, they're making a fortune out of it.

Why was Al Gore so wrong 20 years ago, I assume he didn't make it up off the top of his head.

No one answered before but I assume the people who are for this absolute hogwash don't own a car or use any

diesel/petrol vehicles, refuse to fly and rely totally on renewable energy, can anyone confirm.

Your have created a world for yourself where complex issues can be reduced to a simple 'For' or 'Against'.

Who are "...the people who are for this absolute hogwash.."? (my underline). Are there any on here?

What does being  'For' and  'Against' mean in this context?

Do you really think the issue is a decision or a choice?

There are very few Conspiracy Theorists like yourself and very few 'climate activists', the "...gullible..." billions (you refer to)  in the middle have their own opinion based on their experience, observation and learning. Their reaction and actions are as varied and very often based on their circumstances and practical necessity.

Its reported that the Great Barrier Reef is now in great shape despite "the scientists" who according to the gullible on here are godlike beings that get nothing wrong predicting it was irreparably damaged, another to add to the list that they got wrong.