Climate Change thread

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

LOL

Piers Corbyns new "revolution" and just like his anti covid **** theres, no facts or science behind anything he says, he just raises his voice at the important bits and uses chantable slogans. He really is a muppet

God , he's funny 😀

• Haha 1

Question for all wanna be Greta Thunbergs on here......

Bearing in mind the eye watering power bills that people are expecting (which many simply cannot afford), plus the possibility of power cuts if the wind doesn't blow or the rain does not replenish Norwegian Hydro reservoirs (or whatever), would you support reopening (or keeping open) some of the UK's coal fired power stations ? :

1 - No

2 - Yes but only for a limited period (and if so how long)

3 - Yes

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Bearing in mind the eye watering power bills that people are expecting (which many simply cannot afford), plus the possibility of power cuts if the wind doesn't blow or the rain does not replenish Norwegian Hydro reservoirs (or whatever), would you support reopening (or keeping open) some of the UK's coal fired power stations ? :

1 - No

3 - Yes

YES!

And get fracking started....

4 minutes ago, Padders said:

YES!

And get fracking started....

100% YES!

13 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

1 - No

3 - Yes

YES to this too.

I'm in favour of nuclear power, as the cleanest, cheapest form of power on the planet.

Environmental Scientist James Lovelock is/was a lifelong advocate for this, right up until his death last month. He always said the dangers were deliberately exaggerated by the vested interests of the opposition power companies to protect their monopoly and ensure the continuing use of oil and fossil fuels.

This sounds very possible to me. Look what they did to Tesla.... 

I also find it strange that we're happy to live with the possibility of global nuclear annihilation of the entire human race, and pay billions of pounds a year on the upkeep and upgrading of nuclear warheads etc, but won't use nuclear power for good and to our great advantage, with all the safety measures in place and increased technological advances.  

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'm in favour of nuclear power, as the cleanest, cheapest form of power on the planet.

Environmental Scientist James Lovelock is/was a lifelong advocate for this, right up until his death last month. He always said the dangers were deliberately exaggerated by the vested interests of the opposition power companies to protect their monopoly and ensure the continuing use of oil and fossil fuels.

It may be cleaner but it certainly is not cheap and with it also comes environmental problem from radiation and how to deal with the waste.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

This sounds very possible to me. Look what they did to Tesla.... 

Eh! Who did what to Tesla? :huh:

9 hours ago, Chekhov said:

1 - No

3 - Yes

I note none of those who are in favour of the nett zero target have answered this.

That says it all - it's too difficult for them to answer !

39 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I note none of those who are in favour of the nett zero target have answered this.

That says it all - it's too difficult for them to answer !

Who is in favour of nett zero, in your opinion?

ETA: I notice that he hasn’t been back to answer my question.

That says it all- it is too difficult for him to answer.

Edited by sibon