Climate Change thread

1 minute ago, retep said:

Some are so ignorant they will believe anything , until it gets so cold and they have to put a coat on.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-worlds-coal-power-plants

Aw bless, you're doing that Trump thing  and showing your ignorance again - you don't understand the difference between weather and climate. What's your point with the map?

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Aw bless, you're doing that Trump thing  and showing your ignorance again - you don't understand the difference between weather and climate. What's your point with the map?

It shows the UK needs to put it's coat on.

Just now, retep said:

It shows the UK needs to put it's coat on.

I know communication isn't your strong suit, but you're going to have to try a bit harder than that. Have another go.

Are you claiming that the map shows it's going to get a lot colder? Why do you think that and in what way do you claim it's evidence that climate change isn't real?

Just now, Halibut said:

I know communication isn't your strong suit, but you're going to have to try a bit harder than that. Have another go.

Are you claiming that the map shows it's going to get a lot colder? Why do you think that and in what way do you claim it's evidence that climate change isn't real?

The map shows the number of coal fired power stations, the ignorant and thick can't see their wallets being emptied.

They will when the lights go out, and it's cold.

6 minutes ago, retep said:

The map shows the number of coal fired power stations, the ignorant and thick can't see their wallets being emptied.

They will when the lights go out, and it's cold.

What's the link between the number of coal fired power stations and wealth? Have you never heard of renewable energy or are you just being deliberately obtuse? (I think I can guess) 

Also, you still haven't explained how or why you think any of this disproves the reality of global warming - are you going to try, or is it just a case of 'I don't want to believe it, so I won't'?

46 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What's the link between the number of coal fired power stations and wealth? Have you never heard of renewable energy or are you just being deliberately obtuse? (I think I can guess) 

Also, you still haven't explained how or why you think any of this disproves the reality of global warming - are you going to try, or is it just a case of 'I don't want to believe it, so I won't'?

None, it's the lack of them where the wealth is, they become the customer.

Have you ever wondered what the cost of that renewable energy is, how much energy is required to make the concrete for the base of a wind generator, how much energy is required to make the rest of one, how much devastation the mining of the rare earth minerals cause.

1 minute ago, retep said:

None, it's the lack of them where the wealth is, they become the customer.

Have you ever wondered what the cost of that renewable energy is, how much energy is required to make the concrete for the base of a wind generator, how much energy is required to make the rest of one, how much devastation the mining of the rare earth minerals cause.

Of course there are costs involved in renewable energy, but reliance on fossil fuels is unsustainable.  You pretending that climate change isn't real isn't going to make it go away though.