Serious incident in Barnsley town centre 08/09/2018 - Woman charged.

Speaking to someone who works in mental health, they said that it is not uncommon for someone suffering from some form of psychosis to run away as far as they can, which may explain why someone from Isleworth in Middlesex turns up in the middle of Barnsley. Just speculation I know, but it sounds about right.

Speaking to someone who works in mental health, they said that it is not uncommon for someone suffering from some form of psychosis to run away as far as they can, which may explain why someone from Isleworth in Middlesex turns up in the middle of Barnsley. Just speculation I know, but it sounds about right.

thats why a lot of older people, 30s up can go "missing" then they turn up in different places

---------- Post added 11-09-2018 at 10:21 ----------

Fair enough, I got my information from outdated source ( http://www.itv.com/news/2018-09-08/south-yorkshire-police-responding-to-a-serious-incident-in-barnsley/ )

However, some people were discarding terrorism-related crime even prior to this statement. Misinformation on both sides.

well thats not our problem, YOU using outdated sources :roll:

Let's be correct here - police has neither confirmed nor denied relation to terrorism.

According to news the incident is still under investigation and police is "keeping an open mind about the motive for the attack."

The attack happened on Saturday.

The woman was charged on Sunday.

The police issued a statement on Sunday ruling out terrorism.

It is now Tuesday and you are still trying to peddle the lie that it was a terrorist incident. It is pointless going round in circles over something which has already been settled. Maybe it would be better to widen the discussion by telling us why it is so important for you and certain other posters on here for it to have been a terrorist incident.

The attack happened on Saturday.

The woman was charged on Sunday.

The police issued a statement on Sunday ruling out terrorism.

It is now Tuesday and you are still trying to peddle the lie that it was a terrorist incident. It is pointless going round in circles over something which has already been settled. Maybe it would be better to widen the discussion by telling us why it is so important for you and certain other posters on here for it to have been a terrorist incident.

You've probably overlooked my latest post.

thats why a lot of older people, 30s up can go "missing" then they turn up in different places

---------- Post added 11-09-2018 at 10:21 ----------

well thats not our problem, YOU using outdated sources :roll:

Sure, and I'm admitting my problem. But I understand it's not common on this forum :hihi:

New one on me that

As if the police dont have enough work to do on this case, they are now wanting to make extra work by asking people to report things people post online about this case.

Absolutely ridiculous . There cant be any other crime in Barnsley if they have time to get involved in online discussions. :roll:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/south-yorkshire-police-defend-hate-crime-post-after-barnsley-stabbing-following-online-backlash-1-9344035

As if the police dont have enough work to do on this case, they are now wanting to make extra work by asking people to report things people post online about this case.

Maybe it is the people committing crime by posting racial abuse online that are making extra work for the police.

Are you suggesting that if people see a crime being committed that they shouldn't report it to make less work for the police.

Really?

I totally agree with you.

South Yorkshire Police are an indescribably poor organisation and have been caught lying many times in the past.

What I'd like you to explain to me though, is why they would lie about what is a fairly simple public order incident which has led to an attempted murder charge.

To put it in legal terms they have the means and opportunity to lie, but what is their motivation?

Racial/Cultural harmony.

By letting us, the general public know what actually happened (and not the tripe bandied around in the press) they know tensions will become high.

The story in the press is exactly that. A story. A bit like little red riding hood or the 3 little pigs.

The story in the press is exactly that. A story.

But the story as told by the police and the media is the same story as told by the many witnesses to the event.

The only alternative story that is being told, is that by the far-right using unnamed witnesses, 'friends and relatives' in an attempt to stir up racial hatred. The far-right have a lot of form for this as dog whistle politics easily appeal to the hard of thinking and creates plenty of facebook 'likes' which many in modern society seem to think gives them legitimacy.