Serious incident in Barnsley town centre 08/09/2018 - Woman charged.

I know that but there have been murders in Sheffield lately that have not made the national news , let alone stabbings

seems like Barnsleys getting a fair few itself too

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/man-found-dead-in-south-yorkshire-woods-named-as-40-year-old-is-arrested-on-suspicion-of-his-murder-1-9340478

murder on the 6th, knife rampage on the 8th :o

I love how all the right wing cranks on here are so desperate for it to be terrorism!

What actually happened was that the counter terrorism cops were initially involved when the woman was identified, which is not unusual in cases like this. They are no longer involved, and the woman is now receiving a mental health assessment.

And to rain on your parade even further, the hero who followed her and talked her into putting the knife down was a Pakistani market Trader call Abdul Razzaq!

What a strange comment, which right wing cranks on here are desperate for it to be terrorism :huh:

The reason these things initially involve counter terrorism cops needs no explanation whatsoever, if it is a case of mental health, so be it, but you can't really be surprised at people jumping to possible conclusions anymore.

What a strange comment, which right wing cranks on here are desperate for it to be terrorism :huh:

The reason these things initially involve counter terrorism cops needs no explanation whatsoever, if it is a case of mental health, so be it, but you can't really be surprised at people jumping to possible conclusions anymore.

Anyone , right of centre, is a right wing crank . You ought to know that by now :roll:

South Yorkshire Police are NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

However it's not limited to the police. The CPS, the courts and the prison service are woefully inadequate due to the namby-pamby lefty approach to punishment.

It wasn't a left-wing government that slashed all their budgets.:loopy:

Counter Terrorism Police are now involved. Sounds like there is more to this than first thought.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/barnsley-stabbing-counter-terror-officers-assisting-south-yorkshire-police-with-investigation-1-9340359

Terrorism in Barnsley means the perpetrator comes from further away than Dodworth, Kexborough, Monk Bretton or Hoyland.

but you can't really be surprised at people jumping to possible conclusions anymore.

Why not?

I don't jump to conclusions so I don't see why any other reasonable adult should either.

In 2017, there were 1,292,405 violent incidents recorded, of which 6 were terror related.

2017 was a particularly bad year for terrorism in the UK yet only 0.000464% of all violent incidents were terrorism.

Even if jumping to conclusions of terrorism were reasonable, keeping to those conclusions hours after the police have said its a mental health issue isn't.

Anyone , right of centre, is a right wing crank . You ought to know that by now :roll:

No, anyone who is a right wing crank is a right wing crank!

On last month's Wesminster incident thread, I was accused by two different posters one, of being a terrorist sympathiser and the other of being a terrorist apologist for daring to suggest that the incident may not have had anything to do with terrorism.

I reserve the right to describe anyone that deluded, as a crank.

When I saw the news scrolling at the bottom of The BBC main news channel for the 15 minuets I was watching, I was beginning to think it was a terrorist attack because of how it was on the screen for so long.

My parents use to like shopping at Barnsley, they loved the market which I’m told is no longer there and when my dad could no longer drive then I would take them occasionally.

I am pleased that this incident isn’t connected to terrorism, I think, but for it to be reported on the news the way it was when stabbing is a part of every day life in most towns was strange, or is that just me thinking that.

A woman working in a newsagent was stabbed to death in South Sheilds a few days ago. A man in Newcastle was murdered and I’m not sure if they were reported on the main news, just the Tyne Tees news.