Stabbing at Corp night club 10/09/2018

haddy

Social media, increase in drug use, also the type of knife user has changed, gone are the days where it was almost all gang related, now your average kid might be carrying one, but to say that the cuts in police has no bearing is insane.

There are of course many factors....but it beggars belief that people here believe cuts to policing aren't one of them.

So looking at some of the posts its obvious we all feel the need for more police, but, what would the effect of that be on knife crime, surely one of the best tools in the police arsenal is stop and search, more police would have no effect unless they were very pro active using stop and search.

So looking at some of the posts its obvious we all feel the need for more police, but, what would the effect of that be on knife crime, surely one of the best tools in the police arsenal is stop and search, more police would have no effect unless they were very pro active using stop and search.

would you feel more uneasy carrying a knife and passing a copper who may stop you? or carrying one when there is no copper to walk past you?

[/b]

My bold=

Rightly so imo, perpetrators of nasty hate crimes should feel the fool force of the law.....

Where do you draw the line ? One persons "hate crime" ,is another persons " speaking their mind" . So much is covered by this Hate Crime umbrella these days, you can end up with the plod on your back for something as innocent as criticizing someone from a so called "minority".

Are you asking me if I want more stop and search ?

I would definitely be in favour of much more of that sort of thing (including any 'profiling' considered appropriate by the police). Cue lots of harrumphing from the Bleeding Hearts/"Thought Police" though.

The police probably spend more time now investigating name calling and abuse because society has decided that there is so much 'hate' crime.

The scum who racially abuse people on line are just as much criminals as those who walk around the streets with knives.

It is the same sense of entitlement that whatever they think comes first and everyone else can go to hell!

The scum who racially abuse people on line are just as much criminals as those who walk around the streets with knives.

It is the same sense of entitlement that whatever they think comes first and everyone else can go to hell!

Who mentioned racial abuse :huh:

Hate crime covers a wide variety of abuse, but the reality is, some people are so melodramatic these days the issues get skewed and they are reporting the slightest bit of offence taken, people even look to be offended. As for comparing calling people names to stabbing people, you need to get a grip, I have had both and I can tell you what's worse. Try getting out from behind that keyboard and experiencing some real life eh :roll: