Stabbing at Corp night club 10/09/2018

haddy

No it isn't.

The law is very clear as are the CPS charging guidelines on hate crimes.

By fluid I mean likely to change or being pushed for change, for example wolf whistling and misogyny have their campaigners, yesterdays banter is tomorrows crime and all that ;)

---------- Post added 12-09-2018 at 23:59 ----------

I'd say telling people hate crimes aren't real problems, that people shouldn't be offended by them, are wrong for doing so, and that people should 'get into the real world' is fairly bigoted behaviour really.

Telling people what they should and should not be offended by is usually the domain of right wing bigots.

I have no idea if the poster is...but his post certainly was. I'm glad the law treats hate crime seriously and wouldn't dare to presume to tell someone on the receiving it that they are wrong for being impacted by it.

I have not told people that hate crimes aren't real problems, I argued the comparison to being stabbed with name calling, some of which is now considered as hate crime.

If I were to be offended by being called a bigot for example, some would consider it just to be banter, but others would say who should tell who what they should or shouldn't be offended by, so clearly as I said earlier things can be skewed.

Edited by Michael_W

By fluid I mean likely to change or being pushed for change, for example wolf whistling and misogyny have their campaigners, yesterdays banter is tomorrows crime and all that ;)

---------- Post added 12-09-2018 at 23:59 ----------

I have not told people that hate crimes aren't real problems, I argued the comparison to being stabbed with name calling, some of which is now considered as hate crime.

If I were to be offended by being called a bigot for example, some would consider it just to be banter, but others would say who should tell who what they should or shouldn't be offended by, so clearly as I said earlier things can be skewed.

It's not down to you to decide what people should and shouldn't be offended by and what a hate crime or 'banter' is though. The law does that.

Hate crimes are just that - a crime. And thankfully, they're treated as such.

Exactly. Writing it off as "oh it was a bassline night so it's expected" is very unfair as well as not accurate.

Police quoted in 2 papers as saying it was a bassline event. Doesn't detract from the stabbing but just wondering where you are basing that it wasnt on.

If it was in the 2nd room where they play grime and hip hop, not unknown for bassline to be dropped too

Edited by sheffbag

Police quoted in 2 papers as saying it was a bassline event. Doesn't detract from the stabbing but just wondering where you are basing that it wasnt on.

If it was in the 2nd room where they play grime and hip hop, not unknown for bassline to be dropped too

Well they're wrong. I'm basing my saying it wasn't a Bassline night on the truth.

It was this night:

http://www.corporation.org.uk/night/5/Monday%3A+%23Hashtag

Room 1 - Pop Mixes, Mashups, Chart, Dance

Room 2 - Hip Hop, Urban, Grime

Room 3 - Alternative Anthems, Pop Punk, Indie

No mention of Bassline anywhere. The stabbing could quite easily have occurred during a One Direction song in the pop room.

Suggesting it was a Bassline night is astonishingly unfair and judgmental to those who like that type of music or put on those sort of nights. It's not to my liking, but the labeling and stereotyping of a music genre is pretty poor.

I'm pretty amazed the police would make such an untrue statement actually.

Well they're wrong. I'm basing my saying it wasn't a Bassline night on the truth.

It was this night:

http://www.corporation.org.uk/night/5/Monday%3A+%23Hashtag

Room 1 - Pop Mixes, Mashups, Chart, Dance

Room 2 - Hip Hop, Urban, Grime

Room 3 - Alternative Anthems, Pop Punk, Indie

No mention of Bassline anywhere. The stabbing could quite easily have occurred during a One Direction song in the pop room.

Suggesting it was a Bassline night is astonishingly unfair and judgmental to those who like that type of music or put on those sort of nights. It's not to my liking, but the labeling and stereotyping of a music genre is pretty poor.

I'm pretty amazed the police would make such an untrue statement actually.

But a lot less likely don't you think.