Anyone remember the Windmill Record shop in the Wicker?

was it something to do with kennys records? or further away?

i know kenny was into his rock n roll

he mightve worked in windmill before he worked at hitsville and then started kennys records up

• 1 year later...

Windmill records ,roulette records, Kennys

call it what you want its basically the same shop,its moved about a bit up and down the wicker.

it finally closed in 2006 when the present owner kenny retired. there was a big artical in the sheffield star about him.

the first time i went in was in 1980, i was 15 and just getting in to djing. my friend played me red river rock by Johnny and the Hurricains,so he took me to kennys to get a copy. (i think i paid about £1.10 what a bargin) i went back many times to build my rock 'n' roll collection up.and really got to like Rock 'n' roll. thats probably why i married an ex-teddy girl many years later.

• 3 months later...

Windmill Records was started by my Dad Michael Kersey in the Wicker during the 70's, he ran the shop as well as doing mail order and Record Fairs and when things got to busy he employed Ken to look after the shop.

A few years later he moved the shop to just off Division Street and re-named it Hitsville Records, Windmill continued but purely as the mail order part of the business. Ken moved as well until he was forced to leave due to ill health, however a few months later he made a surprising recovery and actually re-opened the old shop in the Wicker which was re-named Kenny's records. He has now retired due to health problems.

The Hitsville store then closed due to redevelopment of the area and my dad went purely mail order with the odd Record Fair thrown in for good measure.

Over the years he had a number of famous Sheffield customers, including Jarvis Cocker & Richard Hawley.

He still runs the business via mail order but has now moved into online selling and ebay.

If you want to check what he has to sell you can find him in the following ways:-

http://www.windmill-records.co.uk

Ebay Seller ID - Windmill-Records

E-mail - Sales@windmill-records.co.uk

Cheers

Daniel.

Windmill Records was started by my Dad Michael Kersey in the Wicker during the 70's, he ran the shop as well as doing mail order and Record Fairs and when things got to busy he employed Ken to look after the shop.

A few years later he moved the shop to just off Division Street and re-named it Hitsville Records, Windmill continued but purely as the mail order part of the business. Ken moved as well until he was forced to leave due to ill health, however a few months later he made a surprising recovery and actually re-opened the old shop in the Wicker which was re-named Kenny's records. He has now retired due to health problems.

The Hitsville store then closed due to redevelopment of the area and my dad went purely mail order with the odd Record Fair thrown in for good measure.

Over the years he had a number of famous Sheffield customers, including Jarvis Cocker & Richard Hawley.

He still runs the business via mail order but has now moved into online selling and ebay.

If you want to check what he has to sell you can find him in the following ways:-

http://www.windmill-records.co.uk

Ebay Seller ID - Windmill-Records

E-mail - Sales@windmill-records.co.uk

Cheers

Daniel.

i used to love hitsville...great shop

and *whispers* kennys records

does your dad still do 10 p singles and 50p / £1 albums via online?

LOL

ive had some great stuff from the boxes outside the shops back in the day...stuff id have never heard unless cheap...thanks to them

Archived