Plug - rubbish, overpriced, overrated

Pook

I've been to the plug a fair few times now, and i have to say it's the most overrated club in Sheffield. I've had to pay through the nose (cheapest entry I've had; £7), to get into a half empty cave, that looks in places like a comprehensive school.

Give me the leadmill any day.

Plug isnt my favourite club by any stretch of the imagination... I've only ever been on a Thursday cos its dead cheap... I'm sure its like £4 advance (Q jump) or something like that... and all the drinks are 80p... The music's alright... its just that the RnB room is a bit small :(

Depends what you're after really - if you're not really ars*d about the music and just want somewhere to get p*ssed and cop off - then maybe the Leadmill is a better choice for you

That's the entire point. I am ars*d about the music, which didn't seem all that different in the Plug to the leadmill. Plus the leadmill has much more of an atmosphere to it than plug.

I've never been to a club with the intention of 'getting ****** and copping off', though it appeared that the vast majority of people in the second room at Plug were after just that. And at £7 i felt like I'd been mugged on the door.

I've been to plug many many times and wouldn't have a bad word to say about. They have the best DJ's ever and dont mind paying any price to see them. Its a good crowd and a good venue.

xxx

the thing that gets me AlBal, is that's what i keep hearing, so I will go back to see if i can get one of those good nights. So far, out of about 10 trips, i've not been lucky. It's disappointing really as i'd looked forward to it opening.

Which night was it that you went to Pook?

Its a shame that you didin't enjoy it though. Its the only club other than the Fez (or the room now!) that i'll go to in town cos i think all the rest are pants!

xxxx

Archived