Plug - rubbish, overpriced, overrated

Pook

The gig on Saturday night ( Reverend and The Makers ) has got really positive reviews and was sold out. Most of the people there had been there since about 7.30 when the place opened

Friday was Bugz in the Attic and from what I could see everybody was having a good time.

plug sat 3 june was fantastic!! live bands on x3-Reverend and the makers were absolutley fab. Club was totally packed til 12.30 ish, we stayed til 2.30, and had a fab evening, danced all night. 1st time i'd been to plug and i thought as a live bands venue it was excellent, sound was brill, view of band was great wherever you stood, got served really quickly.I've been going to the leadmill since i was a we nipper but i'd definitely go to plug again.:thumbsup:

i've been to planet zogg there and really really enjoyed myself..that is a superb night where the promotors make a real effort in transforming the place with their excellent decor and attracts such a lovely crowd

Bugz were ace last Friday. It was like watching Funkadelic or something. The 7x7 room (Earth) was pretty beanie too. Saturday 24th looks like a good 'un: Broomheads Jacket, The Yell, Baseball Furies & Oxfam Glamour Models in Live, Alistair Whitehead, Tony Walker, Marc Dennis & Steve Wilson in Neutral, and O'Shay (NY Sushi), Juliun (C90) and me sen' (me) in Earth. Ooh shameless Plug.

After much hype I recently investigated Razor Stiletto. Not entirely sure what all the fuss was about, just felt like a bad saturday night at Leadmill with a few trannies and art students thrown in.

i think its a brilliant club...it reminds me slightly of the old corporation with the carpets and all the levels and funky seating bits...had some brilliant nights there...alot better than bloody zero!

See, I was going to post something opposite to this- I used to go to Zero every friday for Urban Gorilla but have only been in Plug a few times.

Been on a few fridays and it was pretty deserted then. It just doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere anymore.

See, I was going to post something opposite to this- I used to go to Zero every friday for Urban Gorilla but have only been in Plug a few times.

Been on a few fridays and it was pretty deserted then. It just doesn't seem to have the same atmosphere anymore.

Urban Gorilla is now at the Fez and the Fusion and Foundry.

xxx

I want to see Zane lowe actually - might get myself along.

I'll be the glum looking misery in the corner ;)

saw zane lowe when he came to the sheff union last feb...was pretty good actually - played loads of quality stuff - chemical bros etc, cant imagine what he would play at plug tho...

Archived