Plug - rubbish, overpriced, overrated

Pook

Urban Gorilla is now at the Fez and the Fusion and Foundry.

xxx

Sorry, wasn't saying that- was saying that I went down to Plug a few times because people like Geoff Ticehurst still play there, not because it was UG.

On a few occasions not every room was open, and on one occasion all three were opened buy two of them quickly closed as no one was in them.

That's the entire point. I am ars*d about the music, which didn't seem all that different in the Plug to the leadmill. Plus the leadmill has much more of an atmosphere to it than plug.

I've never been to a club with the intention of 'getting ****** and copping off', though it appeared that the vast majority of people in the second room at Plug were after just that. And at £7 i felt like I'd been mugged on the door.

How can anyone say £7 is overpriced? :loopy:

Don't ever go to Ibiza then where you'll be forking out £35+

Pook, do you not realise what your money has to pay for. Bands/DJ’s, staff, security, cost of running the venue etc. It has to be said that the Plug is very good value for money considering the quality of artists they have on, and their prices are comparable if not better than any night up and down the country. I can't remember the last time I'd paid less than £7 to get in somewhere that has a couple of decent acts playing in one night. Do you not go out very often?

was saying that I went down to Plug a few times because people like Geoff Ticehurst still play there, not because it was UG.

Hats off to you my friend you have excellent taste in DJ's.... :D

To be fair Plug was very low in numbers quite a few times when it had first opened due to there being three big rooms and just not enough people in Sheffield that wanted to come out clubbing and take a chance on a new venue. Although there has been the odd quiet Friday this year on the whole they're moving on nicely and I reckon we're building something really cool.

We're not going to reach the heady heights of Urban Gorilla in the old Zero room anytime soon as that really was something special, but I like to think that myself and Dean can slowly start to build something that can hopefully be comparable sometime in the future.

As for Plug being overpriced... I think not! £6 advance for Fridays ain't exactly wallet busting is it??

How can anyone say £7 is overpriced? :loopy:

Don't ever go to Ibiza then where you'll be forking out £35+

How true Unisol, u pay at least 45 Euros to get in a club, then 14 Euros for every drink. I dont care because its worth every single penny. Were off to Ibiza in August and i cant wait! Woohoo! :headbang:

xxx

How true Unisol, u pay at least 45 Euros to get in a club, then 14 Euros for every drink. I dont care because its worth every single penny. Were off to Ibiza in August and i cant wait! Woohoo! :headbang:

xxx

When?

We're there for a long weekend 4-7th August. Staying in a snazzy hotel in dalt vila.

Archived