Plug - rubbish, overpriced, overrated

Pook

I simply don't understand why a lot of clubs play **** cheesy music. It never used to be like this till about 3/4 years ago. There are 100's of decent records coming out every month (whatever you're into), where do they all go? I know when trance/hard house fell on it's arse it damaged the club-scene generally and R&B is doing the same now. But the clubs arn't helping themselves. I like to be able to go down to the leadmill on a saturday and hear 3 or 4 tracks I haven't heard before not listen to bloody Bon-Jovi's Living on a Prayer for the 10 millionth time. When was the last time anyone heard any Libertines/Babyshambles in there? They are probably one of the most iconic indie/rock bands around along with others like Artic Monkeys.

Basically for dance music if I hear more than 2 tracks within an hour that have recently been in the charts, I'm ****** off. I know that sounds pretentious but chart music is for kids and people with no taste. Sure some of those records may have been alright 2 years ago without the cheesy vocal, but not today. It's just pure laziness from the clubs. the promoters and the DJs.

Psy Trance is about as interesting as an Ikea table.

No point getting into a what music is better debate - but there's a very broad spectrum of psy trance about these days and its about one of the few areas of undeground trance/techno dance music thats actually doing something new at the minute...

Anyway - even if you're not keen - Planet Zogg has always mixed up the psy trance with the techno and tech-trance...

back to the Plug debate...

No point getting into a what music is better debate - but there's a very broad spectrum of psy trance about these days and its about one of the few areas of undeground trance/techno dance music thats actually doing something new at the minute...

Anyway - even if you're not keen - Planet Zogg has always mixed up the psy trance with the techno and tech-trance...

plug has been variable in music and crowds. when its good...its very, very good.

when its bad....u see the tumbleweed in the empty corridors...:)

when and where is planet zogg on anyone? :help: sounds good...

when and where is planet zogg on anyone? :help: sounds good...

Funny you should ask that...

;)

Planet Zogg's Sixth Birthday party is at Plug (Neutral) on Fri 22 September - more details at

http://www.planetzogg.co.uk

Zogg always has a bit of break from club nights over the summer - but the DJs have been pretty busy the last few weeks with gigs around the country & the next Planet Zogg event is this Friday - but its in the Czech republic (!) so maybe a bit too far to go on spec!

Good point. The first time I went to .Zero as it was then was for Planet Zogg and although Psy Trance isn't really my cup of tea (might have been if I was ten yeasr younger!), I had a brilliant night because the atmosphere and the crowd really made the place IMO.

Plug has definitely lost some of the atmosphere that .Zero used to have because the intimacy isn't there any more. I used to go nearly every week for UG and I never had a bad night that I can remember. And also it seems to me that there are a lot more "Trendy" people in there now who aren't really there for the music. I went down there a few months back to see Laurent Garnier - an absolute legend of dance music who has been making me dance for over 15 years now. I was stomping away on the dance floor when some tarted up barbie-doll tried to push past me with a glass of wine in her hand. She accidentally spilled a bit on me as she pushed past and threw me an evil look like it was my fault. I nearly buried my head in my hands and wept at what the clubbing scene had come to after that. Would never have happened in the days when I used to go to Bedrock in Brighton regularly.

As for Plug, the live room is a good venue for live acts I have to say - it's better than the Leadmill in that respect. Saw GLC in there a few months back and it was an awesome gig. But for deep, messed-up nights of clubbing - I much prefer the old .Zero as it used to be. There just seemed to be a much better crowd.

I think the Plug is the BEST club in Sheffield!! :D :D :D

I have never not enjoyed it in there and I know quite a few of the door staff and thery are genuinely lovely people - they look out for me and my mates. One time my sis went home early to meet sum1 at home and was waiting for a lift outside on her own and this bouncer that knows her (Dean) waited with her for nearly an hour chatting and the other doormen were cool with it!!!

I love the music and you get a great mix of people in there - none of this animal behaviour like in sum other clubs

IT WILL ALWAYS BE MY CHOICE AND RECOMMENDATION TO PEOPLE

Archived