Radio in the modern age

My old radio needs repairing, but its no digital, I am wondering whether its worth repairing.

I find my digital radios short on presets, but there is also online radio.

It would be nice to have the same radio station playing throughout the house, but that sounds expensive.

My old radio needs repairing, but its no digital, I am wondering whether its worth repairing.

It would be nice to have the same radio station playing throughout the house, but that sounds expensive.

If you buy a set of sonos speakers (other brands are available) you can have the same station in every room, or different ones all controlled from your phone. Not cheap, but brilliant.

If you buy a set of sonos speakers (other brands are available) you can have the same station in every room, or different ones all controlled from your phone. Not cheap, but brilliant.

I have radios in the living room, kitchen and bedroom; but they tend to be out of sync and then you need to go to the other rooms to turn them off.

I have radios in the living room, kitchen and bedroom; but they tend to be out of sync and then you need to go to the other rooms to turn them off.

You need to succumb to Amazon and Alexa.

Really easy to set up a multi room.

I was given a Robert DAB/ internet radio for a birthday, I found it awful to use to see the screen and the bleeding Ariel snapped of when it was slightly warm.

I play digital radio via my phone connected to a BlueTooth speaker and move it around the house as I go.

A bit faffy compared to what you want to do, but a cheaper alternative in the meantime.

You could just play the radio through your phone speaker, but it wouldn't be as loud or as good quality as using a speaker.

I listen to radio on the internet only and I listen to radio a lot using variety of devices and bluetooth speakers.

Mostly BBC. The World Service is as good now as it ever was. In fact it has probably improved. It has modernised, and broadened and it has obviously attracted whole legions of new fans across the world. It is obvious that even young people in places like Nigeria and Bangladesh, etc appreciate the service. It is not as if radio is just for old fuddy-duddies and that youngsters only use it for music. That is not true at all.

some of the American stations and podcasts are also not bad, but radio is one area - if there were ever that many of them to begin with, there isn't all that many left - where Britain really does lead the world.

they have all modernised. Radio 4 never used to mention sport at all in their news bulletins. It was kind of ridiculous back in the 1980s that Liverpool could have beaten Man U 3-2 in a right scorcher the night before, and Radio 4's Today programme would just totally ignore it next morning. Now they cover sports a lot in their news bulletins - they never did before except for the odd feature. Radio 5 can be good but the best BBC radio station is the World Service although obviously it isn't all that bothered about domestic UK news.

It was kind of ridiculous back in the 1980s that Liverpool could have beaten Man U 3-2 in a right scorcher the night before, and Radio 4's Today programme would just totally ignore it next morning.

I would be totally happy with that, but if it educates people that would normally not listen to radio four, then I am ok with that.