Brett kavanaugh - Supreme Court

Guest makapaka

disgusting Democrats

insane left

You sound like you're trying to write a new Roald Dahl book....what next "obnoxious Obama", "horrible Hillary" :) Is Quentin Blake doing your illustrations? It won't work otherwise.

Both Judge Kavanaugh & Prof. Ford are clearly two successful individuals in their respective fields. I have no reason to believe that Ford is lying about what happened when both of them were teenagers, him 17, her 15. But it's the timing of the current allegations that I struggle to get my head around.

Both are now in their early 50's & it does seem that Prof. Ford could have raised these allegations at anytime, (ideally closer to when the incident occurred), & challenged Judge Kavanaugh at an earlier opportunity in his career, rather than waiting for this moment. She appears to be a highly competent individual, not a shrinking violet. So why wait until now?

Am I being cynical or could it be politically motivated rather than personal? She is a Democrat; he is not only a Trump appointee but was also involved in the Starr Report to try & impeach Bill Clinton.

Finally I can't believe that the UK news stations have had wall to wall coverage of these hearings. I don't believe the US news would spend an iota of the time covering a similar case in the UK? Again I'd suggest the only reason for such media saturation is political with Trump being the main reason?

Its the crazy new world we live in where you are now guilty until proven innocent. Those that say this is a positive thing would change their tunes if they were falsely accused.

Isn't this exactly what you are doing, accusing her of lying without any proof?

You sound like you're trying to write a new Roald Dahl book....what next "obnoxious Obama", "horrible Hillary" :) Is Quentin Blake doing your illustrations? It won't work otherwise.

It's "Loony Left", dammit! :)

---------- Post added 02-10-2018 at 12:09 ----------

Isn't this exactly what you are doing, accusing her of lying without any proof?

I've said it many times - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. She came with the claim, she must provide evidence.

It's "Loony Left", dammit! :)

---------- Post added 02-10-2018 at 12:09 ----------

I've said it many times - extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. She came with the claim, she must provide evidence.

I was the victim of a sexual assault in the 1970's. The perpetrator was a policeman, there were no witnesses and it cannot be described as serious but that was because he was called to a crime before it went any further. I suppose you will assume I am making this up. It couldn't possibly have happened could it? Back then many women would have been treated as objects to be grabbed and touched, after all we wore mini skirts back then what else could we expect?

Am I being cynical or could it be politically motivated rather than personal? She is a Democrat; he is not only a Trump appointee but was also involved in the Starr Report to try & impeach Bill Clinton.

It may be partially politically motivated but if it is, so what?

If the allegations are true then she has every right to make them whenever she chooses. Many people go through their whole lives without telling a soul. Well done to her for being brave enough to do it. As regards Clinton's impeachment, that was all over the UK news media at the time.