Brett kavanaugh - Supreme Court

Guest makapaka

President Trump has nominated Kavanaugh for the position on the Supreme court. Under normal circumstances the wish of the US President would be respected by the Senate, but as we all know there are political games and dirty tricks being played by those who don't respect that Donald Trump won the Presidential election.

The same could be said for the nomination of Merrick Garland by President Obama, despite the lack of sexual assault allegations.

I guess being President for 7 years didn't carry any weight.

Oh yeah, because the Senate respected Obama so much they blocked pretty much everything he tried to push through in his second term, which is their right to do or it's a dictorship. Christ you're ignorant.

Not ignorant at all. It is a fact the Senate never wanted Donald Trump to be US President and it is a fact the Republican Party never wanted Donald Trump to be their nominee to become US President. The difference between Obama and Donald Trump is that Obama had the support of his own Democratic Party. Its an unprecedented situation in American politics which has resulted in an unprecedented amount of dirty tricks aimed at undermining the authority of the current US President.

Not ignorant at all. It is a fact the Senate never wanted Donald Trump to be US President and it is a fact the Republican Party never wanted Donald Trump to be their nominee to become US President. The difference between Obama and Donald Trump is that Obama had the support of his own Democratic Party. Its an unprecedented situation in American politics which has resulted in an unprecedented amount of dirty tricks aimed at undermining the authority of the current US President.

Clueless, absolutely clueless. I'd have more joy explaining this to my dog.

Never before has so little been achieved when a single party controlled all three branches of government. Surely, the fault lies with the leader of the party no?

30 years ago ! why wait until now, just who's been digging into the past to discredit him. I personally do not care a jot about the Americans but when anybody waits thirty years to complain you have to wonder why.

As I said in my earlier post this is a job interview and not a criminal case at court, so the standard is lower.

So I'm interviewing a candidate and I become aware of multiple sexual accusations against that person, even though they are basically he said she said, add in the fact he's flat out lied in the interview. It's most likely I wouldn't be offering that person the job, when they are other candidates that are equally qualified for the role.

After watching his performace at last Thursdays Senate Committee, for me Kav has failed the honesty and temperament test.

Edited by WageSlave

30 years ago ! why wait until now, just who's been digging into the past to discredit him. I personally do not care a jot about the Americans but when anybody waits thirty years to complain you have to wonder why.

Did you not bother to read the woman's testimony?

Try shame, embarrassment and fear for starters - then look at the abuse, threats, vilification and blame that gets heaped onto women who dare to speak up.

I was the victim of a sexual assault in the 1970's. The perpetrator was a policeman, there were no witnesses and it cannot be described as serious but that was because he was called to a crime before it went any further. I suppose you will assume I am making this up. It couldn't possibly have happened could it? Back then many women would have been treated as objects to be grabbed and touched, after all we wore mini skirts back then what else could we expect?

I'm sorry that happened to you, absolutely no one should experience such a thing.

But you can't expect me to go now and lynch that guy.

Did you not bother to read the woman's testimony?

Try shame, embarrassment and fear for starters - then look at the abuse, threats, vilification and blame that gets heaped onto women who dare to speak up.

Yes it was not political at all. :loopy: She had no shame or embarrassment.

She is just a complete fraud and liar. Now an ex boyfriend has come forward and said he personally witnessed Dr Ford teaching a friend (he named the friend also) on how to beat a polygraph. They already knew this when they questioned Ford.

Notice one of the questions to her by the prosecutor "Have you ever given tips or advice to somebody who was looking to take a polygraph test?" Christine Blasey Ford: "Never."

They already knew she was full of crap and just wanted her on record lying.

Trump openly mocked Ford last night. He knows what they have behind closed doors. The media have to stay silent or also report on the letter from her boyfriend. He knows it and plays them like a fiddle.

Kavanaugh must have been really unlucky that all the women he "allegedly" attacked just turn out to be Democrat activists when they are older....