Brett kavanaugh - Supreme Court

Guest makapaka

Exactly, due to unfounded accusation he is effectively disqualified from the job. Surely, this isn't fair.

Life isn't fair.

It happens every day, that the whiff of scandal leads to one person being chosen over another when all other things are equal.

On the balance of probabilities, it is highly likely that Pofessor Ford is being truthful and Kavanaugh is lying. As has been said before, this is not a trial but a job interview and this matter and others to do with his behaviour and attitudes towards women don't exactly make him a shining example of someone fit to hold the highest judicial office in the US.

Sadly many people neither know nor care whether he has a history of abusing women. He is 'Trump's guy' and they will support him for that reason alone.

Maybe it is time the US looked again at giving someone a position for life. The President can only serve a maximum of two terms of four years. Why not make it the same for holders of all public office?

On the contrary, it serves to remind people that Mr Kavanaugh an already wealthy and powerful man isn't the victim here.

His wealth is only an issue to someone who is jealous.

As for death threats?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/kavanaugh-ford-death-threats/index.html

So as you can see like someone said earlier Kavanagh is a victim and so it would appear is his family.

Life isn't fair.

It happens every day, that the whiff of scandal leads to one person being chosen over another when all other things are equal.

On the balance of probabilities, it is highly likely that Pofessor Ford is being truthful and Kavanaugh is lying. As has been said before, this is not a trial but a job interview and this matter and others to do with his behaviour and attitudes towards women don't exactly make him a shining example of someone fit to hold the highest judicial office in the US.

Sadly many people neither know nor care whether he has a history of abusing women. He is 'Trump's guy' and they will support him for that reason alone.

Maybe it is time the US looked again at giving someone a position for life. The President can only serve a maximum of two terms of four years. Why not make it the same for holders of all public office?

My Bold.

What probabilities?

She is female and he is male?

Her account has been discredited by close friends, she has offered no proof of any description, she lied about numerous things.

Admit it, you dont like him just because Trump does.

Life isn't fair.

That's not a good excuse. If you can't actively make life more fair, you shouldn't at least fuel attitudes that make it less fair.

On the balance of probabilities, it is highly likely that Pofessor Ford is being truthful and Kavanaugh is lying.

This is simply false. If you're waving probabilities and statistics at me, show me your calculations.

I have similar impression - "he's a Trump guy therefore I don't like him and he's lying and everyone who oppose him must be right even there's literally no evidence".

Don't discount it!

There is no Statute of Limitation for sex offences in the State of Maryland and there are other allegations in the pipeline.

There is no statute of limitations on felony charges of rape and attempted rape.

Since the alleged crime occurred in 1982 when Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey were both minors, it would have been a misdemeanor, though the law has since been changed.

Crimes prosecuted years later are still punished according to the laws of the time.

The latest news is that the 3 Republican senators who were holding out until the FBI report was completed have now seen that report and they see nothing to convince them that Kavanaugh has done anything wrong. Even some Democrats agree on that but of course, they say it wasn't comprehensive enough, surprise surprise lol.(the report was 49 pages long) So it looks like he will be a judge of the Supreme Court by the end of tomorrow.

An interesting video i've seen which highlights a few of the issues with the claims of rape:

One thing that struck me is the possible 'crocodile tears', as in she is trying too hard to get people to feel sorry for her.

You would say that.

An interesting video i've seen which highlights a few of the issues with the claims of rape:

One thing that struck me is the possible 'crocodile tears', as in she is trying too hard to get people to feel sorry for her.

Notice how celebrities were jumping on the bandwagon, mainly because Trump nominated him, nothing more? Alicia Keys was one of them lol, she was all of one year old when the incident allegedly took place .:huh:.