Don't die of ignorance - have your Flu Jab

Which is why the flu jab is only recommended to certain groups. Which don't include the healthy, low risk, average adult. :thumbsup:

Wonder what the statistics are since the introduction of the flu jab, have deaths fallen significantly, risen or stable.. big fall in the death rate would suggest its worth having.

This seems to indicate a steady decline until around the end of WW2, and roughly the same death rate since then.

So current flu jabs don’t seem to be having much if any impact on death rates. However, it may be that fewer people are suffering illness and/or we have avoided a 1918 style pandemic.

Seems to have stabilised around the 1950's.

The vaccine was introduced around WWII for american GI, and used more broadly for those at risk after that.

---------- Post added 23-10-2018 at 13:02 ----------

Flu mutates rapidly though, so the vaccine isn't effective against all strains, which is probably why there is an ongoing low level of infection.

Flu mutates rapidly though, so the vaccine isn't effective against all strains, which is probably why there is an ongoing low level of infection.

I believe they have to decide on which strains they need to vaccinate against months before the vaccine is available which is why sometimes you'll get a new strain which isn't covered. I wasn't listening 100% when I had my vaccine but she was explaining it all.

• 2 weeks later...

From the article....

"It is a safe vaccination - we know that - and we've saved millions of lives across the world.

So many documented cases have shown already it is not a safe vaccine.

And millions of lives saved across the world and yet only 4000 in the UK?

The article is basically a propaganda piece using the BBC as a vehicle to spread false claims / lies.