Bakery found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple

but what reason would you have given if you were the cake makers in order to not get to this situation

Technical reasons. It's always those technical reasons.

"We are sorry to announce that our service has been cancelled due to technical reasons. We apologies for any inconvenience caused."

Works every time. :hihi:

Guest makapaka
It's difficult for me to answer, I'm not a Christian and I supported same sex marriage.

Are you going to answer my question #107?

Has anybody said they believe business should be able to refuse service through prejudice?

Has anybody said they believe business should be able to refuse service through prejudice?

Well not so many words, but those that proposed refusal of service for any reason didn't exclude reasons contrary to the Equality Act ,race, sexuality etc.

Despite the many comments since, it still hasn't been mentioned. Personally I thought it would have been a pretty simple point to clear up.

Read into that what you will.

Didn't several people just make a blanket statement that businesses should be able to refuse service. Full stop.

Which would imply that through prejudice is just fine with them.

Some of the same people went on to say that if THEY were refused service then they'd simply go to another shop. Pretty much saying that people who complain about discrimination should just have a thicker skin.

Which is easy to say when you're a hetro white male isn't it and there's absolutely no chance of you being refused service or facing regular discrimination of any kind.

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 22:02 ----------

Alright clever dick, Mr/ms right-on doesn't want to come across as anti Islamic.

But you knew that already.

That easily solved though, you just condemn all nutjobbery and support womens rights.

Didn't several people just make a blanket statement that businesses should be able to refuse service. Full stop.

Some of the same people went on to say that if THEY were refused service then they'd simply go to another shop. Pretty much saying that people who complain about discrimination should just have a thicker skin.

Which is easy to say when you're a hetro white male isn't it and there's absolutely no chance of you being refused service or facing regular discrimination of any kind

I cant even begin to tell you how funny I find that comment.

Which is easy to say when you're a hetro white male isn't it and there's absolutely no chance of you being refused service or facing regular discrimination of any kind.

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 22:02 ----------

That easily solved though, you just condemn all nutjobbery and support womens rights.

It's very simple though. Don't force anybody to do anything they don't want do. By your logic a gay baker should be forced to bake a cake with homophobic messages and Jewish owned printing services should be forced to print anti-Semitic holocaust denying literature.

It's very simple though. Don't force anybody to do anything they don't want do. By your logic a gay baker should be forced to bake a cake with homophobic messages and Jewish owned printing services should be forced to print anti-Semitic holocaust denying literature. 

Don't you see the difference between hate speech and refusal of service on the grounds of discrimination?