Bakery found NOT to have discriminated against a gay couple

That's a little cowardly, if they want to refuse they should have the courage of their convictions and say why..

What should they be afraid of?

Idiots like the gay cake buyer for one, making a mountain out of a mole hill, and bringing false accusations ,which were widely accepted as true by some, and nearly causing bankruptcy .The baker should have said "sorry I don't want to make the cake" end of story.

I have always said the Bakers were in the right. Any business should have the right to refuse to serve anyone they want.

Lets not confuse the issues here.

This was not a case about a refusal to serve but more a refusal to print the specific message the customers wanted because it was against their belief.

You really are not suggesting we give business carte blanche over who and how they serve are you.

Remember to good old days of No Blacks, No Irish, No Lone Women, No Gays, No Asians..... That is not some dark age. That was less than 50 years ago.

We dont want to get on the top of that slippery slope again.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Idiots like the gay cake buyer for one, making a mountain out of a mole hill, and bringing false accusations ,which were widely accepted as true by some, and nearly causing bankruptcy .The baker should have said "sorry I don't want to make the cake" end of story.

Hang on, you were advocating a world where a business could refuse for whatever reason.

So if that's the case, what should they be afraid of?

And without having to give a reason, if you are refused go some ware else that will.

Exactly .......

I'll ask you the same question.

In this world where refusal of service for any reason is the norm, what's the problem with saying why service has been refused, what's to be afraid of, why be a coward about it?

Surely it's better to avoid any confusion that a racist B&B owner says that black people aren't welcome on the basis that they're black. Word will get around that the owner is a racist and wants to avoid serving black people.

There could even be a sign in the window.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Guest makapaka
I'll ask you the same question.

In this world where refusal of service for any reason is the norm, what's the problem with saying why service has been refused, what's to be afraid of, why be a coward about it?

Surely it's better to avoid any confusion that a racist B&B owner says that black people aren't welcome on the basis that they're black. Word will get around that the owner is a racist and wants to avoid serving black people.

There could even be a sign in the window.

You have of course completely changed the argument here to one of prejudice -which didn’t exist - as established by the Supreme Court.

You have of course completely changed the argument here to one of prejudice -which didn’t exist - as established by the Supreme Court.

My post was questioning the proposed world where refusal of service for whatever reason is the norm, as per below. I thought I'd made that clear in the post.

My bold

I have always said the Bakers were in the right. Any business should have the right to refuse to serve anyone they want.

And without having to give a reason, if you are refused go some ware else that will.