Car Mot queary ideas please

Still a long way to go. Woodview has told us he drove his car for three months without a valid MOT and didn't get caught. Woodview made an honest mistake, but there are others out there, who will deliberately avoid road tax, insurance and drive vehicles without valid MOTs

Not sure what that hasto do with not being issued a physical tax disc?

I think they meant ANPR was helping clamp down on it??

I have absolutely no idea why the ANPR didn't issue automatic fines for MOT. The MOT is on the government database, in fact you can check any car yourself on gov.uk , so why they don't just issue tickets when passing an ANPR without MOT I don't know.

I think they meant ANPR was helping clamp down on it??

I have absolutely no idea why the ANPR didn't issue automatic fines for MOT. The MOT is on the government database, in fact you can check any car yourself on gov.uk , so why they don't just issue tickets when passing an ANPR without MOT I don't know.

Youd be surprised how many cars etc dont need an MOT... anything under three years old... anything over 40 years old... anything from a big fleet like BT or Post office or large utilities - they often wont have insurance or MOT...

Youd be surprised how many cars etc dont need an MOT... anything under three years old... anything over 40 years old... anything from a big fleet like BT or Post office or large utilities - they often wont have insurance or MOT...

Yes but the computer knows if that car should have it. If it should, but hasn't, send a ticket. Simple. You'd have thought!

Yes but the computer knows if that car should have it. If it should, but hasn't, send a ticket. Simple. You'd have thought!

Well no, because thats not necessarily the case... it doesnt record who owns it (not the same as the keeper) how old it actually is (age at registration isnt true age) etc... The Mot exemptions are quite extensive really - same for insurance exemptions..

I posted a link early which contained the views of the RAC regarding the risks associated with the removal of a physical tax disc. The RAC believe there is a correlation between evasion of tax and the number of people driving without insurance. It's not unreasonable to assume a driver, who deliberately drives a vehicle on public roads without road tax, will be tempted to drive on the roads without a valid MOT or insurance. If you think you know more than the RAC, then perhaps you are missing your vocation in life and should form your own automotive services company.